Tips for taking better photos of T's with an iPhone?

WolvesInSpaceMarines

Arachnopeon
I have neither the time nor the money to get into the fancy (and very well-done) photography that many of you on here can do. However, with iPhone cameras getting better, I think I can take some halfway decent photos of my T's and scorpion. Or at least not potato quality. Do any of you shutterbugs have tips (or websites/AB threads) for taking better photos of my inverts? I'm not naive to think that i can take macro-photography shots, but like I said, I can get better ones than what I have been taking. TIA!

EDIT: Sorry, mods. Didn't even think to look for a better forum to post this.

Last edited:

basin79

ArachnoGod
I have neither the time nor the money to get into the fancy (and very well-done) photography that many of you on here can do. However, with iPhone cameras getting better, I think I can take some halfway decent photos of my T's and scorpion. Or at least not potato quality. Do any of you shutterbugs have tips (or websites/AB threads) for taking better photos of my inverts? I'm not naive to think that i can take macro-photography shots, but like I said, I can get better ones than what I have been taking. TIA!
Whilst I usually take "proper" pics with my camera I still enjoy getting nighttime pics with my iPhone through the enclosures. I use a little LED torch as a spotlight.

I will type though editing, just like in macro photography makes the world of difference.

Here are some of my iPhone at night through the enclosure shots.

2E7F96B4-1438-49E1-8031-41EB16504383.jpeg 86F7CD3F-6FEA-41D6-BFAF-82799DC9FE83.jpeg View attachment 357617
FD6B8E4D-FF4F-4D32-94DC-AF09A2BE30FD.jpeg

There's also clips I've seen on insta that produce pretty good macro shots. They just clip over the lens.

Last edited: