Tiny scorpion ID....Dwarf sp???

ArachnoDrew

Arachnoprince
519616690.jpg It's currently for sale at a local reptile store. Labeled
"Sonoran Redsaw Tooth Scorpion"
Obviously a made up name

This is the best pic I can obtain for now
It's about 2" max and looks extremely gravid! If I can save it I want to!!!! Can anybody chime in???

ArachnoDrew

Arachnoprince
Looks like a Diplocentrus species to me.
What I was kinda thinking... he buys scorps and tarantula from randoms off the street too so he claims kt was sold to him with that name. I'm assuming it's home is the sonoran desert by the nickname. But can't find much on it

Stugy

Arachnolord
Diplocentrus spitzeri maybe? I'm just looking at pictures right now xD

ArachnoDrew

Arachnoprince
Haha good work. I'm sure we narrowed it down pretty good lol . I know smokehound can drop come knowledge

RTTB

Arachnoprince
I keep several lindo whitei spitzeri and peloncillensis. By no means an expert but it appears to me to be a spitzeri. All Diplocentrus are great scorpions to keep and long lived. I recommend them to anyone and I suggest you go back to the pet store and snatch it up. That enclosure its in is no good. They love to dig and burrow.

ArachnoDrew

Arachnoprince
Your best judgment. Would you say it's gravid? I definately want to grab em. RTTB your local. Did you purchase or WC yours . I'm reading their a local sp.

RTTB

Arachnoprince
I purchased all mine from Tripiron here on Arachnoboards. Awesome dude to deal with. The 4 Diplocentrids I keep I believe are found in AZ TX NM. I am horrible at IDs even with species I keep but I believe that is a spitzeri. The lindo I have are more maroonish and the whitei are more stout and black like a mini Emperor D peloncillensis more translucent. Looks gravid to me but they can get a bit chubby. I'd get it as you just don't see a slew of them around. I believe lindo is from West TX and peloncillensis is only found in the Pelonciello??? Mountains of AZ. I hope I'm not spreading too much half ass misinformation but that's what I know.

ArachnoDrew

Arachnoprince
No not at all lol great info, out if lindo Spitzeri and wheitei it looks most like Spitzeri definately. I'm going to try and grab her Thursday. Hopefully she won't pop by them

Smokehound714

Arachnoking
You cant ID that to species level by that photograph alone. It's definitely a Diplocentrus though.

brandontmyers

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I would guess, based on nothing but color, that it is a subadult female D. peloncillensis.

The Diplocentrus genus is huge and a lot of them are very similar. As of right now, I do not believe there is a full identification key out for the genus.