Tiny scorpion ID....Dwarf sp???

ArachnoDrew

Arachnoprince
Based on anybody's best guess? Would you say gravid or just super fat..... the bulges on the side are the only reason I question it. All my other ore molt scorps or fat scorps are smooth and fat along it's sides

Stugy

Arachnolord
My Parabuthus schlecteri is super fat and her sides bulge as if she's gravid even though she's 4i lol.

ArachnoDrew

Arachnoprince
Lol my p trans is about to burst and it's as smooth as can possibly be down it's sides. Literally looks like an inflated balloon

ArachnoDrew

Arachnoprince
I'll try and get a measurement when I get home but from what I can see D pelon. Has a coloration closer to lindo . Has a tint of red or rust to it this little guy is a very light brown
How large is it in milimeters?

The paper describing D. peloncillensis gives a good overview between it and D. spitzeri. Without knowing where it came from though, you may not be able to determine for sure.
http://www.americanarachnology.org/JoA_free/JoA_v2_n2/JoA_v2_p107.pdf

RTTB

Arachnoprince
Seeing better pics of it now has shown a lot more translucency and yes it does have a peloncillensis feel to it. Mine are little chubbies like this one but it's agreed that coloration does not make identification. If it is a peloncillensis you have a very cool uncommon scorpion found in only 1 mountain range basically.

RTTB

Arachnoprince
I've sent the pic to a guy who should know exactly what it is.

RTTB

Arachnoprince
The expert I sent the pick to says most likely spitzeri.

ArachnoDrew

Arachnoprince
Awesome. Thanks it dug a burrow . I thought I'd almost surely not see it for weeks or months but hour's later it came out. Filled the hole and just started roaming 20170621_173739.jpg 20170622_054603.jpg

Stugy

Arachnolord
Hi to all, It seems a Scorpio maurus.

Greetings.
Scorpio maurus is rather hard to obtain in the U.S. so I kinda doubt it. And just by looking at pictures the colors are pretty different also. I can see how Diplocenturus sp. and Scorpio maurus can possibly be mistaken for each other though. ;)

RTTB

Arachnoprince
I used to have S maurus palmatus back in the 90's. Kept them communally.Not very long lived despite my best attempts. I never see them offered anymore.