Tiny mushrooms?

TechComMike

Arachnopeon
Just noticed in my C. hainanus enclosure (quite deep substrate - coco fiber) some little white things against the front glass, about 2 inches below surface. Reached in with long tongs and plucked up three what almost look like micro-sized mushrooms and interestingly had a mushroomy smell. Can't see anymore but is this dodgy and a mold trouble sign that warrants a full rehouse on fresh coco-fiber? - due to shared divided enclosure will mean same clear-out for H. gigas girl as well. Both have built quite lengthy burrows and will have a job on their hands (well legs actually) to recreate.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
People have had large mushrooms pop up, non-issue

Conor10

Arachnoknight
I have had those in my tarantula enclosures but after a while they dry up,they are harmless to the T, you might want to get some spring tails for your enclosure because they eat mold and other things like that.

TechComMike

Arachnopeon
That's a relief. Maybe that's why she's always been a reasonably chill C. hainanus, "Yeah baby, it's the shrooms!!"
Tank divide with thick clear PVC (eighth of an inch+) that is fixed and also bonded by the 8" of substrate on either side of it. One of the spids will need to own a hammer to get a visit with their neighbor and no way over the top.
Thanks for replies.