tiny jumping bugs seen in my bedroom

rachmills

Arachnosquire
hi all i've been keeping millipedes for a while now and have just started noticing really tiny black jumping bugs in my room,
they are minuscule and a lil round

anyone else have this problem??

rachmills

Arachnosquire
i dont have a good enough camera only thing you'd see is a dot really, they could be lawn shrimp thats wahht they looked like but they were a bit smaller :/, when i saw one it shook then jumped on me if thats any help :/,

its made me want to give away my mills :/, they are in the carpet and on my bed but i have only seen 3 so far.

my flat made had a dog over recently so im going to ask her to ask the owner about fleas but these are black n i think a flea is brown correct me if im wrong?

rachmills

Arachnosquire
they arent biting me as far as im aware one was on my wrist for a ill while n i blew him off

Poonjab

Arachnoking
I can assure you that they aren’t coming from your millipedes. If they are in the carpet and there was a dog over recently, might be fleas. Which in that case, they will clear out on their own eventually.

Polenth

Arachnobaron
Sounds like a regular case of dog fleas. The best thing you can do is vacuum the whole place and change/wash all your bedding. That'll help cut down the numbers. You won't always feel bites.

Springtails and amphipods need it moist, so they'd already be dead if they were in your house. They also have no interest in jumping on you and climbing in your bed. I have both of those in my enclosures and they're just not an infesting the whole house sort of critter.

BepopCola

Arachnobaron
I'd be kinda impressed if they'd never experienced a flea before.

You can make flea traps to get the numbers down.
You'd need to mix dish soap with water in a bowl. Then place the bowl on the floor on top of a warmer or right under a desk lamp. Fleas will jump into the water thinking it's a warm body and drown.

rachmills

Arachnosquire
the pedes are in a huge tank now that was the old box still had old substrate and a dead pede in it haha i can assure you other than a few recent deaths theyre fine :) x