Tiny enclosure find!

Red Eunice

Arachnodemon
Saw this in the Halloween area at Menards today. Just bought one to have, maybe good for a 1/8" terrestrial sling. Alreading has vent holes on the sides and 4 in the top. Too cute to pass up and costs a mere 29 cents.

Attachments

sschind

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
That is tooooooo cute. I'm going to have to get some for my tiny scorplings.

Red Eunice

Arachnodemon
That is tooooooo cute. I'm going to have to get some for my tiny scorplings.
Never thought to use as scorpion enclosures.
I've a pair of L. australasiae that could spend their entire life in one. ;)

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
I have one as well, glass made with an aluminium part for the ventilation holes. Bought from UK by the Bristol fellas years ago, never used for house T's :-s

Nolimit2far

Arachnopeon
I just picked up a "Dalle Craft Acrylic Reptile Terrarium Habitat" off of Ebay from seller xa-electronics. It measures 6x10x6 (approx.) ... $27 out the door. It is the best deal on the net that I can find for one of these sweet acrylic enclosures. I been looking for a few days for a new *cheap* enclosure. Bought it on Friday, it just arrived in the mail today (Sunday). I'm still scratching my head on that, but I'm not mad. Assembly was kind of a bear at first, but after I got into the rhythm, I slapped it together in about 30 minutes. (Big meaty paws didn't help.)

So I just set it up this evening and rehoused my avic avic about 30 minutes ago. Here is a pic of the new enclosure! What a fantastic deal.
20161030_194917.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

WeightedAbyss75

Arachnoangel
I just picked up a "Dalle Craft Acrylic Reptile Terrarium Habitat" off of Ebay from seller xa-electronics. It measures 6x10x6 (approx.) ... $27 out the door. It is the best deal on the net that I can find for one of these sweet acrylic enclosures. I been looking for a few days for a new *cheap* enclosure. Bought it on Friday, it just arrived in the mail today (Sunday). I'm still scratching my head on that, but I'm not mad. Assembly was kind of a bear at first, but after I got into the rhythm, I slapped it together in about 30 minutes. (Big meaty paws didn't help.)

So I just set it up this evening and rehoused my avic avic about 30 minutes ago. Here is a pic of the new enclosure! What a fantastic deal.
View attachment 223817

View attachment 223818
I was just looking at these on ebay. What is the assembly? Getting a P. rufilata soon, so looking for some nice display arboreal cages :D Also, love the tiny cages! Need one for my scorpling, love their look ;)

Nolimit2far

Arachnopeon
I was just looking at these on ebay. What is the assembly? Getting a P. rufilata soon, so looking for some nice display arboreal cages :D Also, love the tiny cages! Need one for my scorpling, love their look ;)
Consisted of sliding little acrylic wedges into slots, then putting a screw+nut through the wall/locker, about 20 times. It is very clever and sturdy. I put it together with a + screwdriver, then went back with needle nose pliers to make sure everything was good and tight. Hand tight would most likely have been fine.

WeightedAbyss75

Arachnoangel
Consisted of sliding little acrylic wedges into slots, then putting a screw+nut through the wall/locker, about 20 times. It is very clever and sturdy. I put it together with a + screwdriver, then went back with needle nose pliers to make sure everything was good and tight. Hand tight would most likely have been fine.
Got it! Will have to consider those for sure... love the look ;)

5dice

Arachnopeon
I've got a 1 1/4" sling. Are those vents big enough for these little escape artists to wiggle through?

Bugmom

Arachnolord

View attachment 223817

View attachment 223818
Maybe I'm blind, but is nearly the entire front of that the door? How do you open it (I don't see a handle of any kind)?

Nolimit2far

Arachnopeon
I've got a 1 1/4" sling. Are those vents big enough for these little escape artists to wiggle through?
1.25" Would probably be able to shimmy through the cracks if he/she isn't fattened up. This particular enclosure might be a bit big for a sling of that size. I've got my 3.75 inch Avic in it, and its kind of big for him imo.

Nolimit2far

Arachnopeon
Maybe I'm blind, but is nearly the entire front of that the door? How do you open it (I don't see a handle of any kind)?
Your right. The enclosure is approximately 10 inches. There is about 1 spare inch above and below the door. The door has good action, I can open and shut the enclosure with minimal disturbance, which I really dig. There are little spinners on the front... one on top and one on bottom. When you give those a turn, it releases pressure on the door. Once again, nothing bad to say about this enclosure thus far.

obie

Arachnosquire
I ordered one of those dalle craft ones the other day on amazon for 35 bucks. It's dimensions are 13x8x9 which equals out to 4 gal. Planning on housing my 4in female P.Metallica in it. I think it was worth the money. 20161111_192740.jpg

Last edited: