Tiny droplets during molt

Merfolk

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
My Lasiodora parahybana molted this afternoon to almost 7" and while my baby unfolded itself after shedding, I noticed droplets of clear liquid at some leg joints. I red that it happens frequently and that it was somekind of molt lubricant; but what realy puzzled me were two of these droplets oozing out symetricaly on both sides of the genital area. They were placed evenly on each side, a bit more than a cm apart so it implies that it actually comes out of a body opening. I though that their genital opening was some kind of slit, more proeminent on females but I am very poor at this. Something in my head keeps telling me that it might be a signe that my Crunch is a male, or else it would have gone thru the middle of the area since females genital opening is suposed to be wider and in dead center of the area. But I might be totaly wrong. Some opinions?

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Could you take a picture and post it on here that would be of great help. Your description is a tad bit confusing.
Where are the "drops" again? are they on the palps? (the front two little feeler legs)

Females have that slit opening you are talking about males don't.

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Before a molt a layer of some kind of liquid is formed between the new and old exo, so it might be what you describe as "lube."

Is it profusively leaking, or just sitting there?

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Well he said it already molted so, I dont know about you 4-5 hours after a molt I dont see fluid remaining on my Ts.

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Well he said it already molted so, I dont know about you 4-5 hours after a molt I dont see fluid remaining on my Ts.
Oh it's 4 or 5 hours after the molt, I thought it JUST molted. Ha reread it now...
My Lasiodora parahybana molted this afternoon to almost 7"
hmm, now I'm completely dazzled. Yeah, pics would definately help.

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Ya I am miffed to, unless its bleeding, which I hope its not, I don't have a clue.
Could you be talking about the clearness of the joints after a molt? :confused:

jr47

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
its called exuvial fluid and its reabsorbed after a molt. 3 hours later there shouldnt be any on the joints. im sure its just the joint tissue your seeing or is it actually dripping from the t.

Merfolk

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
My point is that those two drops were located on the left and on the right side of the genital area, like if they were some kind of lateral openings on the genitalia outline.

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
So the drops where spaced apart and on the underside of the abdomen? Or on the palps?