Tiny black spider in with crickets

Lachlan Richardson

Arachnopeon
So I discovered this tiny black spider with white stripes on his back that's set up shop with a tiny web in with my crickets. I'm just curious if anyone can I.D the little guy. Also curious as to how he got into the cricket tub considering it has a lid. Hard to see from the picture because he is quite small.

Attachments

user 666

Arachnobaron
this reminds me of a friend who discovered a frog had moved into her beetle breeding box when the population started declining.

Lachlan Richardson

Arachnopeon
Yeah sorry hard to get a decent photo with an iPhone haha after a bit of reading it turns out it could actually be a juvenile female redback spider. Haven't found anything that matches the description?

Lachlan Richardson

Arachnopeon
Yeah they do. But can be found indoors sometimes, and could have been tempted by the cricket box which did have a bit of old veg in there. Think I'm just hopeful since I think they're super cool and have never seen a juvenile one before haha ha

TheSpiderChick

Arachnopeon
Yeah sorry hard to get a decent photo with an iPhone haha after a bit of reading it turns out it could actually be a juvenile female redback spider. Haven't found anything that matches the description?
Well, it does have the right body shape for a Latrodectus (Redback). It's really hard to see the details, so without a clearer photo, there is no way to tell, really.
Is it definitely a male, does it have male palps?
Do you still have the spider? Is it still the same size or has it molted? Just curious.