Time until huntsman eggsac hatches

brownsound

Arachnopeon
I caught a huntsman in my house about 3 weeks ago. On Sunday i woke up to see that a white disc shaped object it was holding on to. After some research i realised i had a female huntsman with an eggsac. Im just wondering now if its normal for it to have a 'flat' abdomen and how long will it take for the eggsac to 'hatch'.

thanks

JColt

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Most take about 3 weeks to hatch, Give or take. She's flat from laying the sac. Some food will prop her back up ;)

dragontears

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
my H. venatoria's third egg sac took 39 days from lay to hatch with an additional 4 days for the slings to disperse off the sac. Her fourth egg sac took 35 days till hatch with dispersal 4 days later. Her fifth egg sac she ate after 21 days.

brownsound

Arachnopeon
Oh ok. Thanks for the heads up guys. ^^@Dragontears: So are you saying your huntsman made three eggsacs consecutively or just three eggsacs over the time you have had her?

dragontears

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
She actually made 5 egg sacs. She holds them till they hatch, eats and drinks and then lays another one a week or so later. She was WC and came to me with an egg sac that she ate the same day I got her. Her second egg sac she couldn't get detatched from the wall and it burst open. Number 3 and 4 hatched and number 5 she just ate a couple days ago for whatever reason.

Check out this thread:
http://www.arachnoboards.com/ab/showthread.php?t=84476