Time to rehouse?

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
I would give it waaayy more floor space than that. This set up is more arboreal, and though they enjoy a bit of vertical webbing, they are terrestrial.

REEFSPIDER

Arachnobaron
OP. You wanna get something like 8x8 height doesn't even have to be 5" for this species, I keep my adults in 4 gallon sterilite totes.

DragonizedGlory

Arachnosquire
Something like this may be more practical: 20160911_204821.jpg
This is the enclosure for my LP. It's a 30x30x30cm tank and it works like a charm

Kieffer

Arachnopeon
Thanks everyone! It's temporary until I get something bigger.

I think I'm going to get an adult 8x8x16 enclosure from Jamie and move after next molt. Would that be too soon? Do I need an intermediate enclosure or will the adult enclosure be OK?

REEFSPIDER

Arachnobaron

I think I'm going to get an adult 8x8x16 enclosure from Jamie and move after next molt. Would that be too soon? Do I need an intermediate enclosure or will the adult enclosure be OK?
It will be fine.
+lots of webbing points & plant clutter will help

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
@viper69 lol I think we are saying the same things in different ways and misunderstanding each other. :)
Maybe, I'm not so sure. My impression after reading your 6ft tall enclosure remark was you believed they are only terrestrial.

Which isn't true since reading the info from the biologist.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer

Personally, given their speed, I think the container you have is too small. Even w/out their speed, it doesn't have a lot of floor space. It looks cramped to be honest in there. It will survive but better could be done by your T. You could put it in something larger. I'd put it in a KK or something w/floor space the size of a BreederBox, small size from ExoTerra. There are plenty of cheap alternatives w/that size floor space.

You could put it that size box from Jamie's. I've seen larger ones than yours in one. Some will web up the entire box, some won't.

ratluvr76

Arachnodemon
Maybe, I'm not so sure. My impression after reading your 6ft tall enclosure remark was you believed they are only terrestrial.

yeah, I wasn't saying that at all. Although they are classed as terrestrial, they're not, strictly speaking. ;)

WeightedAbyss75

Arachnoangel

An adult would work, just keep in mind it will be huge for that spider. Not a big deal, but you could probably get a juvie cage from Tarantulas.com. Not sure if I am allowed to name names, but they are great and have a little smaller cages. Also, can't wait to see the day that a GBB will have the seup and webbing style of an avic... THAT I would pay money to see ;)

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
An adult would work, just keep in mind it will be huge for that spider. Not a big deal, but you could probably get a juvie cage from;)
He's still in business? Last time I contacted him he said he wasn't taking any more orders, and that was 2 years ago. I thought he stopped...?

WeightedAbyss75

Arachnoangel
He's still in business? Last time I contacted him he said he wasn't taking any more orders, and that was 2 years ago. I thought he stopped...?
Really? Never knew, I just see his website and everything he has for sale. Figured he would have taken it down otherwise... never heard that.

Kieffer

Arachnopeon
Finally purchased one and rehoused last night. Moved the webbed up cork bark too, to make it feel like home. I am very pleased with the enclosure and excited to watch my GBB transform it.

Attachments

Crone Returns

Arachnoangel
Finally purchased one and rehoused last night. Moved the webbed up cork bark too, to make it feel like home. I am very pleased with the enclosure and excited to watch my GBB transform it.
Where's the water dish?

cold blood

Staff member
I got ripped to shreds once for suggesting Chromatopelma cyaneopubesens was a semi-arboreal species. :bag:

The biologist described them as: "This species is an "opportunistic burrower"". What I got out of it was that they are a terrestrial, some just happen to live in the trees, mainly due to food sources.

While very interesting, it does nothing to change my view of them as a terrestrial. It just shows how adaptable they (and all ts) can be if the right situation arises.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
The biologist described them as: "This species is an "opportunistic burrower"". What I got out of it was that they are a terrestrial, some just happen to live in the trees, mainly due to food sources.

While very interesting, it does nothing to change my view of them as a terrestrial. It just shows how adaptable they (and all ts) can be if the right situation arises.
Regarding GBB? The biologist I know was pointing out they are found in trees due to natural pressures. In my opinion, his point was terrestrial/arboreal is not so black/white.

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
I have am keeping 3. 1 MM and 1 SAF kept in terrestrial.

I have 1 set up semi arboreal to moniter the arboreal behaviour of this sp. It hasnt burrowed or utilized hide but rather made web hide in tree at highest point of enclosure. I always put feeders on the ground and there has no issues hunting. It is down looking for roach in this photo -

IMG_1230.JPG

The one in terrestrial setup still seems to prefer being up high too it seems.

IMG_1231.JPG