Time to rehouse p Miranda?

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
I buy the plastic ones from like petsmart.
If you have a hobby lobby close by they should have like silk plants, I got some for like 2$. Marshals carry’s fake plants, some dollar stores.
So you have to cure or just soap and water plants from mashealls ?
Good news both pokies are regularly eating now and settled in , success .

Mini8leggedfreak

Arachnoknight
I’ve never washed them.....maybe I should just incase they’ve come into contact with something but I’ve had probably 40 spiders from sling to adult with fake plants and they’re all good

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
An adult female Poecilotheria (so assuming she's 5"+ in DLS) should be absolutely fine in an enclosure that size, so it's unlikely that the size of the enclosure is the issue. If she feels stressed/insecure, she may not have enough coverage or be set up wrong. Either that or she's just not hungry.

The information you've given us is not enough for us to help find the problem. We need pictures of the T and her setup if we're to be of any assistance.
Once again she is refusing to eat .:. Great could she’s be tired of dubia ?
I’ve tried cricket and super worms noluck

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
TUrns out the basement was too cold 🥶 like 65!-68 maybe . Its71+ now there doing fine .
I need a ligit thermometer to measure temp and soil temp ... someday cannot afford it now.
No idea exact temps but it was chilly during cold days .

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
View attachment 321130 View attachment 321129 View attachment 321128

It’s not a pokie but the same care. If you can’t afford corkbark just use lots of fake leaves, I’ve had to do it before.
They need anchor points to web up and something to get behind to feel covered up. I don’t believe pokies are super defensive, by that I mean that in my experience they would much rather hid or run than fight, but with no proper cover to help them feel secure they would be more likely to stand and fight.
Make that spider a proper vertical hide that it can feel comfortable in along the back wall. Figure it out.. Ditch all that soil and go down to lowes/home depot and get a block of peat moss for 12$. No need to sift anything out, add a bit of vermiculite to the mix. You might even pick up a tarantula book to read on proper care and husbandry. And for god sakes get a job or you're going to end up in a van down by the river washing your socks with a dead salmons rib cage.
P
Prepare to be severely disappointed with your request.
already posted a picture on the previous page.
Weird my only aboreals with issues are pokies in10gallons . Maybe Miranda’s too small? Looks 6.5-7” hard to measure her

Gavin Sons

Arachnopeon
A picture from 6 months ago? You didn't bother to make the changes these guys told you to do?

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
Updated images of the Ts and their setups would be very helpful.
Will gotta rehouse the 10 gal or let it dry out and rehoused it . OR give 10gal to a suntiger . P irminia , my phone 📱 keeps dying bad battery 🔋 , need More lighting .

The Miranda in the pretzel 🥨 jar 🏺 seems way more comfortable.
Cage needs to air dry , she’s had eaten this year roacheskeep drowning need a raised water dish for aboreals , I’ll move it to my bedroom much warmer .

ColeopteraC

Arachnobaron
Will gotta rehouse the 10 gal or let it dry out and rehoused it . OR give 10gal to a suntiger . P irminia , my phone 📱 keeps dying bad battery 🔋 , need More lighting .

The Miranda in the pretzel 🥨 jar 🏺 seems way more comfortable.
Cage needs to air dry , she’s had eaten this year roacheskeep drowning need a raised water dish for aboreals , I’ll move it to my bedroom much warmer .
‘Bad lighting’... We don’t want a Nat geo cover picture, anything. Even poor quality to display the changes you’ve made to the enclosure.

Gavin Sons

Arachnopeon
Is your native language English? And are you 10 years old? Reason i ask is because my 6 year old has better grammer and sentence structure than you. Very hard to follow along and know what you are getting at.

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
Is your native language English? And are you 10 years old? Reason i ask is because my 6 year old has better grammer and sentence structure than you. Very hard to follow along and know what you are getting at.
Both pokies Are still alive so I just need to fatten up that’ skinny one ☝ .
Yes I don’t specialize in English , I could read my books on grammar when I find we’re they went.
Due to phone being full might be a while though I’ll get pics . Soon, the Miranda in the smaller container isn’t doing bad .
iPhone spellchecker ruins lot of my stuff ... I could justify re education of my terribleness in English’.
Sorry 😐
When my cold Is gone and I feel better .

Last edited: