Time to get A. geniculata?

Mojo Jojo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Hey, I was just perusing Spiderpatch.com's pricelist. It has finally been updated. Anyways, Darwin has 1/4" A. geniculata on special right now for $10 a piece. So this goes out to everyone who doesn't have one of these yet. It, in my opinion, is one of the species that every enthusiast should have. I got mine a couple of years ago, after only caring for a rosie and a common pinktoe.

Jon

Weapon-X

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
re

how fast do they grow? i know i need some giant whiteknees--Jeff

Lostkat

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Bloody fast is the answer to that :D my 2.5" sling has increased in size enormously since her last moult and she eats like a horse. genics are stunning to look at and very active, interesting T's :)

Botar

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I would agree with Lostkat. They grow rapidly and eat constantly. I've acquired a couple of tiny ones recently in hopes of finding a male for my female and they seem to be hardy and growing rapidly as well.

Botar

Weapon-X

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
re

awesome! thats great that they grow quickly then, yeah i'll be on the prowl for some sometime--Jeff

ithuriel

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
:) yup they grow fast. last august/september i got an a.genic in a vial. now the little pig is the size of my b.vagans though she still wont come out of her jar:rolleyes: (see previous post)

Mojo Jojo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Mine used to be an eating machine, but it really hasn't been for a couple of molts now. I think that I got her too fat, so lately, she has just been living for the most part off of that. I think that since November, she has eaten maybe twice -- a couple fo superworms and a few crickets. (She was a spider that Joy would be proud of (superfat)!) But geez, while she was just a juvie, she would happily chase down 1 dozen crickets all at once and turn them into cricketball and eat them all at once. And then she would help herself to 1 dozen more the next day. I mean, she would chase them. It was awe inspiring!

Jon

MrT

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Thats a great price.
I paid ouer $20.00 for mine, when it was 1/2". That was last April.
Its now 3 1/2" and worth every cent I paid for it. If ever I want to show someone a T eatting, I feed my geniculata. It can catch a cricket in mid air, and eat 4 at a time.

Ernie