Time lapse molt video

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I have the chance to make a time lapse video. But my question is does anyone know what the time gap between captures should be? 2mins? 3mins? 5mins? 45 seconds?
I am going to start the video when he pops his top.......... I have some time I think before I have to start.

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I have the chance to make a time lapse video. But my question is does anyone know what the time gap between captures should be? 2mins? 3mins? 5mins? 45 seconds?
I am going to start the video when he pops his top.......... I have some time I think before I have to start.

Id say go with 1-2 min.

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
It only lets me set minutes. I wanted like 1min 30 seconds but for some reason its not liking that request.

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
It only lets me set minutes. I wanted like 1min 30 seconds but for some reason its not liking that request.
Hm, I'd go with like 2 min then. Be sure to post it here, you probably were already planning to do that.

moose35

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
i personally would do the 45 seconds. you might miss something otherwise.

but if you camcorder dosen't have the time for 45 seconds then do the longer( 2 minutes) so you make sure you catch the whole thing

tom

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Ya, now that I thought about it a little Ryan, I'd go with 1 min. Does your cam do that?

xrickus

Arachnopeon
You can set a short time then if the footage is too long you can always speed it up on editing or just cut few frames.

Amanda

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Is the T you're shooting usually a fast molter or slow?

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Ok he's done, and suprisingly not mature. The cast off molt was at 5.5" I am stunned really that he's not mature. Guess Ill have a big boy on my hands someday.

Im working on posting the video now.....................

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Ok lets see if this works,

Clearly this thing hates me.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSCd2jjjn0c[/YOUTUBE]

Can anyone tell me how to make the video appear in this thread?

Amanda

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Awesome! All of the flexing at the end was amazing. I guess I never noticed them working out the joints so much. Why did you decide to stop recording before he righted himself? I was waiting for the flip.

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
It shows the flip over............. At leat when I watch it, it does. Ahh it does cut it short for some reason so here he is.....

Last edited:

moose35

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
awesome...so what time settingdid you use?
i'm dying to know
thanks alot for that it was really cool

tom

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
On the higher end webcams, I think 50 bucks and up they have a time lapse setting. You can have it capture a frame in any spacing you want. This one was shot every 2 minutes... that was 2+ hours made into a minute. Next time I think Ill make it every 45 seconds just so it looks a bit smoother and not so ragged.

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Very nice Ryan. Thats a bummer that he isn't mature yet. Oh well next molt. :p THis is going to be a big big boy!

massmorels

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
it was lovely Ry.. just swell buddy! lol.. actually pretty cool. your patience overwhelmes me..

Avic_Addict

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Wow he is handsome - Seeing those lovely vibrant colours (plus all eight legs intact etc etc) is one of the best bits of watching your T moult. Excellent video - very educational. My partner has seen my T's moulted skins but not the actual process, so this was a real learning curve for him.