Time for a trade! Opinions wanted

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
See? This is why I always recommend a trade for a MM. Guaranteed return. Here are my options - let me know what you'd ask for! Poecilotheria is off the table, but other than that, I'm 100% open. Several of these species I've never even heard of, so I'd like to see what people would want. Also, what monetary value do you think is fair? What would a breeder pay for a MM H. gigas?

Personally, I'm leaning towards a C. huahini, C. pentalore, and P. muticus. I think $52 worth of spiders is a fair trade, no?

I was also considering P. pulcher, but I just love terrestrials...

vvv Click for the list vvv
Brazilian white knee tarantula 1/4" $12 Acanthoscurria geniculata
Brazilian white knee tarantula mature male $50 Acanthoscurria geniculata
Brazilian white knee tarantula 3" $42 Acanthoscurria geniculata
Oklahoma brown tarantula 1/2" $8 Aphonopelma hentzi
Oklahoma brown tarantula 1" $10 Aphonopelma hentzi
Costa Rican stripe-knee tarantula 1/4" $8 Aphonopelma seemanni
Costa Rican stripe-knee tarantula 1" $20 Aphonopelma seemanni
Puerto Rican pinktoe tarantula 1/2" $20 Avicularia laeta
Antilles pinktoe tarantula 3/4" $24 Avicularia versicolor
Mexican golden red rump tarantula mature male $85 Brachypelma albiceps
Honduran curlyhair tarantula 1/4" $6 Brachypelma albopilosum
Honduran curlyhair tarantula 3/4" $12 Brachypelma albopilosum
Honduran curlyhair tarantula 2.5" $28 Brachypelma albopilosum
Guatemalan red rump tarantula 1.5" $20 Brachypelma sabulosum
Mexican red knee tarantula 1/2" $24 Brachypelma smithi
Mexican red rump tarantula 1/4" $6 Brachypelma vagans
Mexican red rump tarantula mature male $35 Brachypelma vagans
Rear horned baboon tarantula 3/4" $8 Ceratogyrus darlingi
Asian fawn tarantula 1/2" $8 Chilobrachys huahini
Greenbottle blue tarantula 3/4" $32 Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens
Guatemalan tiger rump tarantula 3/4" $16 Cyclosternum pentalore
Bolivian dwarf beauty 1/2" $30 Cyriocosmus perezmilesi
Chilean rose hair tarantula 3/4" $8 Grammostola rosea
Colombian pumpkin patch tarantula 1/8" $10 Hapalopus spp.
Colombian pumpkin patch tarantula 3/4" $24 Hapalopus spp.
Colombian pumpkin patch tarantula 1.5" $32 Hapalopus spp.
Tanzanian chestnut baboon 1.5" $20 Heterothele villosella
Trinidad olive tarantula 1" $12 Holothele incei
Cameroon Brown Baboon 3/4" $10 Hysterocrates crassipes
Brazilian fire red tarantula 3.5" $36 Lasiodora difficilis
Itabuna scarlet tarantula 1/2" $10.00 Lasiodora itabunae
Brazilian giant salmon tarantula 1/4" $6 Lasiodora parahybana
Brazilian giant salmon tarantula 1/2" $8 Lasiodora parahybana
Brazilian giant salmon tarantula 1" $12 Lasiodora parahybana
Brazilian giant salmon tarantula 1.5" $24 Lasiodora parahybana
Brazilian giant salmon tarantula 2" $28 Lasiodora parahybana
Colombian giant red leg tarantula 2.5" $50 Megaphobema robustum
King baboon tarantula 2" $28 Pelinobius muticus
Haitian brown 1.5" $18 Phormictopus cancerides
Sri Lankan ornamental tarantula 1" $24 Poecilotheria fasciata
Fringed ornamental tarantula 1" $24 Poecilotheria ornata
Indian ornamental 1" $20.00 Poecilotheria regalis
Indian ornamental 1.5" $30.00 Poecilotheria regalis
Trinidad chevron tarantula 3/4” $12 Psalmopoeus cambridgei
Venezuelan suntiger tarantula 3/4” $12 Psalmopoeus irminia
Venezuelan suntiger tarantula 2” $32 Psalmopoeus irminia
Panama blonde tarantula 1” $30 Psalmopoeus pulcher
Fort Hall baboon 3" $24 Pterinochilus lugardi
Usambara orange 1.5" $12 Pterinochilus murinus
Orange tree spider 3/4" $24 Tapinauchenius gigas

sdsnybny

Arachnogeek
Sounds like a fair dollar amount for a trade, cant tell you what to pick. The only ones on that list I would take are the Avicularia laeta, Cyclosternum pentalore, and Heterothele villosella, but that just personal taste.

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
Sounds like a fair dollar amount for a trade, cant tell you what to pick. The only ones on that list I would take are the Avicularia laeta, Cyclosternum pentalore, and Heterothele villosella, but that just personal taste.
I was very much considering the H. villosella, but the P. muticus took it's place in my opinion. @Chris LXXIX has rubbed off on me.

cold blood

Staff member
My experience is that you get face value when you sell it, when you trade, you generally get a little more.

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
My experience is that you get face value when you sell it, when you trade, you generally get a little more.
Last time I traded with this guy, I ended up with a great trade as well as two freebie B. vagans slings. I couldn't agree more.

BobBarley

Arachnoprince
May I ask why P. cambridgei? And @cold blood, isn't this the species you suggest all keepers get? I've yet to have this species.
I like the green-gray coloring and the fact that the venom isn't as potent as Poecilotheria. The 6-7" legspan is a plus too. As well as the fact that they are more hardy than Avics.

Sarkhan42

Arachnoangel
P. cambridgei are on my must have list as well, after keeping my irminia. Those colors are just mesmerizing, and they almost seem bulky for arboreals. Maybe I'm just a sucker for gray and green :)

Andy00

Arachnoknight
What psalmopoeus sp. do you own? If it were me (I'd have a really tough time choosing) the huahini I would take FOR SURE. Other than that I'd probably take a gbb and an incei or an irminia. Here r some pics of my Cambridgei :) the colors look way more vibrant in person, that applies for any T but it REALLY applies to the cambridgeis haha

Attachments

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
What psalmopoeus sp. do you own? If it were me (I'd have a really tough time choosing) the huahini I would take FOR SURE. Other than that I'd probably take a gbb and an incei or an irminia. Here r some pics of my Cambridgei :) the colors look way more vibrant in person, that applies for any T but it REALLY applies to the cambridgeis haha
I've only ever owned a P. irminia... and it's been awhile. I got him as my second tarantula, and frankly, he was dull. Just a ghost. If the P. cambridgei isn't a ghost like the irminia, then I'm all about it. I've recently grown to love my A. avicularia - out all the time, always doing something. That irminia put a bad taste in my mouth about arboreals, I never saw it.

I love the Chilobrachys genus :D Attitude, webbing... what's not to love?

cold blood

Staff member
May I ask why P. cambridgei? And @cold blood, isn't this the species you suggest all keepers get? I've yet to have this species.
I've only ever owned a P. irminia... and it's been awhile. I got him as my second tarantula, and frankly, he was dull. Just a ghost. If the P. cambridgei isn't a ghost like the irminia, then I'm all about it. I've recently grown to love my A. avicularia - out all the time, always doing something. That irminia put a bad taste in my mouth about arboreals, I never saw it.
Because of what you describe. P. cams are not the hidey scaredy cats other Psalms are, they're almost always out, once they get a little size, they almost never hide for long. They also grow faster than their cousin's as well, and its not like the others grow slow. I also love the greens.

Andy00

Arachnoknight
My Cambridgei is almost always out. She's about 3.5-4" now, I got her from gottarantulas for super cheap here on the boards as 3" unsexed. Once she gets acclimated to her new enclosure then she's almost always in the open, but I'm sure it depends on the individual. She also goes threat pose at the slightest breeze haha, but she won't strike. She's definitely near the top of my favorites in my relatively small collection because I LOVE the green and orange colors and it's just such a unique T. There's not a lot of T's with that color green on them (that I know of) except for a p rufilata if I'm not mistaken.

magicmed

Arachnobaron
I'm willing to trade hugs for tarantulas :)

I also have a spare 2ds I'd trade for some T's lol

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
Fine, I'm convinced. So long as he accepts the trade, it'll be C. huahini, P. cambridgei, and P. muticus.

I still love my Asian terrestrials, though!

magicmed

Arachnobaron
Acanthoscurria geniculata, Aphonopelma seemanni, b. Albo, GBB, Psalmopoeus cambridgei, b. Smithi, p. Cancerides, and h. Incei

I'd try to get some kind of combo of those, but that's just my personal taste for my own collection

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
Acanthoscurria geniculata, Aphonopelma seemanni, b. Albo, GBB, Psalmopoeus cambridgei, b. Smithi, p. Cancerides, and h. Incei

I'd try to get some kind of combo of those, but that's just my personal taste for my own collection
It's just the P. cambridgei that I don't already have out of that list :p I wouldn't mind another A. seemanni, though. One of the best out there.