Tiktok... crazy bite?

Pyrelitha

Arachnobaron
How in the world... tiktok randomly showed me a video of this dude taking a "bite" from a P cambridgei, but somehow it doesn't even break his skin! Can anyone explain how this worked??

Arachnophobphile

Arachnoangel
I rewatched this video several times. My eyes may be failing me but the fangs looked like they went in. He's not rotating his finger so we can see the sides.

If the video was longer we could witness what happens after a few minutes like swelling or whatever I don't know.

Westicles

Arachnobaron
Arachnosupporter
It certainly looked like a real bite. Regardless, not sure why in the world someone would do that

vicareux

A. geniculata worship cult member
It certainly looked like a real bite. Regardless, not sure why in the world someone would do that
I've read somewhere that Psalmopoeus venom might be used to aid in erectile dysfunction - The dude might've had problems.
Would make sense that he would need to compensate for that with 'being cool' on social media :lol:

Edan bandoot

Arachnoprince
i saw that aswell, did you see the comment about the guy who killed one of his 50 spiders because it bit him.

Pyrelitha

Arachnobaron
I saw no comments.. I just found it insane that he didnt bleed immediately so I thought it didnt break his skin... and wow just some crazy shit to do imo I was shocked seeing the video

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
Didn't break the skin because it was a bad angle, fangs went either side of the finger and tried to pinch inwards (which tarantula fangs don't do that well compared to trues), if he'd hooked his finger so that it had something to bite straight down into then they'd have gone straight in/drawn blood/ruined his day.

Pyrelitha

Arachnobaron
Didn't break the skin because it was a bad angle, fangs went either side of the finger and tried to pinch inwards (which tarantula fangs don't do that well compared to trues), if he'd hooked his finger so that it had something to bite straight down into then they'd have gone straight in/drawn blood/ruined his day.
Ah.. still insanely lucky! For him that is.. someone in the comments argued to me its bite wouldnt be worse than a bee sting

LucN

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Seen it with a co-worker last night while we were waiting for the system to shut down. Crazy stuff ! Guy's lucky he wasn't evenomated. Wouldn't try this, even with my "docile" species.

QuinnStarr

Arachnosquire
Arachnosupporter +
This makes me so sad. The comments section is disgusting. (Quotes are paraphrased from my memory because I don’t feel like flipping back and forth to get the exact wording.)

“You made me want to get one now that I know they aren’t dangerous.”
Ma’am. You’re going to see a colorful one online, like B. simoroxigorum or OBT, buy it from some breeder who doesn’t know you’re a noob, keep it in subpar conditions, and you’re going to mess with it and have one miserable time. Then that poor spood is going to be rehomed or, worse, killed because you’re an idiot.

“I killed one because it bit me”- and the follow up comment from another user, “no, the spider made the mistake of biting him.”
Sir’s. Both of you. They are animals that act purely on instinct. They don’t know right from wrong. You can’t train a tarantula not to bite you any more than you can train a rock to bark like a dog. The spider did what it does best, it reacted. Probably to you being a complete idiot with your animal. And now, to showcase your cruelty, you pinned it and framed it?!

I may not be the most experienced keeper and I 100% made the mistake of getting an A avic before I was educated on the species (luckily it was a quick fix of minor husbandry mistakes!) but I can honestly say that I am not T H I S ignorant.

I hate the internet mostly. I’m so glad I found you all here on this forum. I’d be making a LOT of mistakes if it wasn’t for this forum being here to answer my questions and tell me when I’m being a complete idiot about something.

spideyspinneret78

Arachnoprince
It's so sad when people deliberately harass their animals like this. It boggles my mind why someone would think that this is perfectly OK, and then to kill a poor spider afterwards?? Poor thing was defending itself against what it viewed as a predator trying to attack it.

Arachnophobphile

Arachnoangel
Yeah....I went back and watched several more times. I can see the left fang slide down the finger nail. It's real fast and really hard to make out. You have better eyesight. I must of watched that video 20 times or more now trying to see. I still can't make out the right fang. Very deceiving sure looked like it pierced but like you said if it did there be blood.

Either way it's sad seeing people do these stupid stunts.

Spoodfood

Feeder of Spoods
Arachnosupporter
I saw this on reddit earlier. Looks like a feeding response to me.

Pyrelitha

Arachnobaron
I saw this on reddit earlier. Looks like a feeding response to me.
100% she wanted to eat and then realized whatever she bit was far stronger, and bigger, than she could take. She then backed off into a mini threat pose, and bolted.