Tigrosa aspersa?

Mike Withrow

Arachnoknight
Not 100%sure on that. Was just posting so maybe a few others can appreciate them. She's pretty good size body length is an inch and her dls is definitely hitting the two inch mark.
Beautiful spider for whatever reason I've noticed a bunch of these around the house this year. IMG_20220927_173122.jpg

LadyShia77

Arachnobaron
Not 100%sure on that. Was just posting so maybe a few others can appreciate them. She's pretty good size body length is an inch and her dls is definitely hitting the two inch mark.
Beautiful spider for whatever reason I've noticed a bunch of these around the house this year. View attachment 430809
Gorgeous spider. Thank you for sharing. I love wolf spiders.

Mike Withrow

Arachnoknight
She made a sack on the 18. Kinda expected that. Not sure if it's because of fall and they don't make a huge sack but, normally if I catch a female out in the beginning of summer. Their sacks are usually huge.
All will be released back in the wild and whatever information I can relay that probably won't be too helpful,will go to the university of Kentucky.

Mike Withrow

Arachnoknight
She made a sack on the 18. Kinda expected that. Not sure if it's because of fall and they don't make a huge sack but, normally if I catch a female out in the beginning of summer. Their sacks are usually huge.
All will be released back in the wild and whatever information I can relay that probably won't be too helpful,will go to the university of Kentucky.
Update. Mommy has babies and lots of them.
I'm guessing they came out a day or so ago by their size. She is covered with them. I'm going to give them a week and then I'll get some pictures. Just happened to walk by her and seen she had left the sack at the outside of her hide. Filled her water bowl and left her alone.

Occisor

Arachnopeon
Beautiful spider for whatever reason I've noticed a bunch of these around the house this year. View attachment 430809
What enviroment did you catch it

Mike Withrow

Arachnoknight
Basically woodland. I live in south central part of Kentucky. She was under a log that I use around my outdoor fireplace was rolling it out of the way to mow and looked down and there she was.

Salmonsaladsandwich

Arachnolord
The best way to find wolf spiders is to go to a field or forest on a warm night with a flashlight, hold the light parallel to your head (so hold it against your ear basically) and sweep across the ground several meters in front of you. Their eyes reflect brightly and you're likely to see more wolf spiders than you ever expected were around.

Mike Withrow

Arachnoknight
Not the best picture,but I do not have the time to sit on a site trying to load a pic up and adds running that I could give the entire worlds worth of I don't give a care about crap.

Attachments