tiger rump

askaaron

Arachnopeon
so my tiger rump tarantula aka davus pentaloris or som sling has recently molted and i figured it would be a good time to upgrade into a bigger encloser so i did and it looked great for a few days and spider seemed happy and then it started burrowing in different spots and webbed up the sticks and tiny leaves and it finally stuck to a burrow and now i havent seen it for about a month and has not taken any live food or prekilled food or come up for water from its dish should i be worried or is it fine like its my first tiger rump so im not sure if i should just leave it be and continue leaving prekilled food and putting live food and refreshing the water dish or if i should just try to find which burrow its in and then bait it out and see if it looks healthy

Sterls

Arachnobaron
Leave it be, keep the water dish full. You can continue trying to feed it, just don't leave live feeders in longer than overnight/24 hours. Slings can fill up quickly so it's possible it's already in premolt if it ate at all since the last molt. Do not open its burrow or try to bait it out.

Hi
Share how you keep it and the size of your sling also post pics of the enclosure.
Sometimes slings when moved to bigger enclosure go into hiding.I rarely give my slings large enclosures or alow them to burrow deep for that reason.
Regards Konstantin

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I wouldn’t be worried yet. And that’s the longest “sentence” I’ve seen today.

It’s helpful to readers if you actually use a ?, gets more responses.

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
It all sounds normal behavior, T's hide its what they do! Is the burrow entrances closed off or open? Photo please!