thunderthief' picture thread

thunderthief

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I realise I only have 2 T's at the mo. I also know that my collection will grow.. Im already planning my next 3 T's, so here is my picture thread.

First my No 1 T. A Grammostola Rosea.

This next one was taken this eveing while trying her on an adult Locust.

Next we have my Brachypelma Smithi 'Vala'
So far she/he has stayed in the hide so its been hard getting any decent pics. But here are what I have so far.

This is Vala tackling an adult Locust.

PinkLady

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Nice start to your collection...mine and Wolfys started out with a g.rosea...now we have...well lets say enough lol

thunderthief

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Nice start to your collection...mine and Wolfys started out with a g.rosea...now we have...well lets say enough lol
Every day while surfing here and the BTS site I keep seeing new T's I want!!
I have an empty tank sitting here now waiting for something new!!!

Cheers

Mike

PinkLady

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I found over the past couple of years that we've been purchasing and breeding T's....you always find an empty tank that you want to fill with a new one. I don't think the urge ever goes away lol.

thunderthief

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Right well I have a few more than when I started this thread, so lets update it a bit.

First couple are some better pics of my B. smithi 'Vala'.

My 3rd T was an Aphonopelma seemanni, called Jacy Bee

Next I decided to try and raise some slings so I bought a A. geniculata

And a G. aureostriata

Next I had to get a T. blondi and the tarantula-shop.co.uk had some Juvs at a good price. This is 'Harry'

The same day I ordered my third sling. This time from thespidershop.co.uk
This is a C. fasciata

thunderthief

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Ah cheers, I must admit Im very happy with most ofthe pics. They're all pretty much auto setting on my £100 canon digital camera.

its hard to believe that 3 months ago I didnt have one T....

Cant wait for the BTS Show.

thunderthief

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
A few new ones.

A. geniculata

C. fasciatum enjoying a cricket

G. aureotriata

T. blondi, One more step and you're mine!!!

G. rosea, is this a good enough pic to be sexed??

L. parahybana

Doezsha

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Nice pics, I like your Aphonopelma seemannis set up I cant wate to get a couple in my collection. :D

thunderthief

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Well shes had a real change around this last couple of weeks. I thought she had sealed the entrance to the burrow as she was pre molt. Nope after taking the tank out to mist I noticed she had dug all the way across to the other side of the tank then back on its self half way up the side, then had dug a new entrance!!!! I saw her for the first time on top today in weeks, well I say on top I could see her feet. So I threw in a locust, when it went near the entrance i caught a flash as it was dragged down the hole!!!

I may have to set my alarm to get up in the middle of the night to see if she comes up.... ;)