Thrixopelma should be everywhere

johnny quango

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hey Guys
I really wanted to share a quick snap of my beautiful little Thrixopelma sp cajamarca sling which moulted yesterday.
Tonight i checked on the little bugger and my reaction was of amazement I've never seen a sling of this species in the flesh and I've got to say pictures really don't do this species justice.

I personally believe these are the most underrated genus on the planet they also are imo 1 of the most beautiful and i feel more needs to be done to ensure these are bred and become a must have in the hobby if you will anyway here's my sling and hopefully a few years down the line his girlfriend.
What i should've said is I've not seen a sling of this species with adult colours

Attachments

Last edited:

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
Great species. There is a complete lack out there you are right. I dont see much CB cyaneolum either.

It would be good to see more of these. I was keeping Thrixopelma sp. cusco but it has been changed to Theraphosinae as hasnt been properly described.

The cajamarca is a rare gem. You are a lucky guy and I hope you can breed these in the future.

johnny quango

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Great species. There is a complete lack out there you are right. I dont see much CB cyaneolum either.

It would be good to see more of these. I was keeping Thrixopelma sp. cusco but it has been changed to Theraphosinae as hasnt been properly described.

The cajamarca is a rare gem. You are a lucky guy and I hope you can breed these in the future.
I have an adult female cyaneolum also but sadly I've not found a male YET but i won't give up hope

Vanessa

Grammostola Groupie
I have never seen any other species from this genus besides T.ockerti and I rarely see those. I would buy them if they were around - I have only heard great things about them.

johnny quango

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I have never seen any other species from this genus besides T.ockerti and I rarely see those. I would buy them if they were around - I have only heard great things about them.
I have a T cyaneolum,T lagunas these 2 T sp cajamarca and a T pruriens sling I'm always on the look out for more. With these i think feeding response of a G pulchra but kind of dainty,petite almost fragile because they are either small or slim

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
My lagunas was rather nasty. On the other hand my cyaneolum is the most calm T I have ever kept. More so than my Euathlus and Paraphysa. It is looking rather dull at the moment she better moult soon

johnny quango

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
My lagunas was rather nasty. On the other hand my cyaneolum is the most calm T I have ever kept. More so than my Euathlus and Paraphysa. It is looking rather dull at the moment she better moult soon
My cyaneolum is like yours very calm and tolerant, My lagunas however is hit or miss it can be crazy angry or as calm as any i own. The adult sp cajamarca and sling are always calm and curious, as for the pruriens it's too early to say as it's too small but it seems a little skittish that might change with size

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
My cyaneolum is like yours very calm and tolerant, My lagunas however is hit or miss it can be crazy angry or as calm as any i own. The adult sp cajamarca and sling are always calm and curious, as for the pruriens it's too early to say as it's too small but it seems a little skittish that might change with size
Hahah. You struck lucky then mine was miss for sure. All day everyday. The pruriens I have heard are pretty feisty too. I am not sure as I have only kept slings for someone while they travel. One theing for sure is that they dont miss their prey aha

johnny quango

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hahah. You struck lucky then mine was miss for sure. All day everyday. The pruriens I have heard are pretty feisty too. I am not sure as I have only kept slings for someone while they travel. One theing for sure is that they dont miss their prey aha
I agree they have a fantastic feeding response that's for sure, i think if more people kept them and more became available they would be at the top of most wishlists

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
I agree they have a fantastic feeding response that's for sure, i think if more people kept them and more became available they would be at the top of most wishlists
Yeah I think they look good, get a good size & have good appetites too. I think the colour puts people off. Did you get yours from SW Poland?

johnny quango

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
No believe it or not the only place that had pruriens in stock at the time was tarantulas bristol as did the sp cajamarca sling. but the adult female sp cajamarca, lagunas and cyaneolum came from tss.

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
No believe it or not the only place that had pruriens in stock at the time was tarantulas bristol as did the sp cajamarca sling. but the adult female sp cajamarca, lagunas and cyaneolum came from tss.
Heheh then I am surprised you got a pruriens and not a goldfish :p

johnny quango

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Heheh then I am surprised you got a pruriens and not a goldfish :p
I've never had an issue with them they even email me to see if my tarantulas have arrived alive and well. The only issues I've ever had came courtesy of tss and strictly exotics (i don't think they exist anymore

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
I've never had an issue with them they even email me to see if my tarantulas have arrived alive and well. The only issues I've ever had came courtesy of tss and strictly exotics (i don't think they exist anymore
You must not be on TBs naughty list then ahah. I have had nothing but nastyness from them. As for TSS I think is okay but not fantastic. I would like a cajamarca but cant find anywhere now

johnny quango

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
You must not be on TBs naughty list then ahah. I have had nothing but nastyness from them. As for TSS I think is okay but not fantastic. I would like a cajamarca but cant find anywhere now
Sp cajamarca are extremely beautiful no matter how many photos i take i can never capture the true beauty. They tend to turn up at tb pretty often and they are pretty inexpensive but seeing as your on their naughty list you'll have to hope santa brings you one :-D

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
Sp cajamarca are extremely beautiful no matter how many photos i take i can never capture the true beauty. They tend to turn up at tb pretty often and they are pretty inexpensive but seeing as your on their naughty list you'll have to hope santa brings you one :-D
I trust in santa clauz more when it comes to delivery ;)

Paiige

Arachnobaron
I have not heard of nor seen Thrixopelma until now...thank you, I've just learned a few new things! It looks like all the sp. of this genus are really attractive Ts, I would definitely take one home if the opportunity presented itself. However it appears that no one else in this thread is from the US and some Google searching has only found me one 3.5" mm for sale :D So I guess we don't get them either really. I like the look of the T. ockerti slings with all their fuzz!