Thrixopelma Lagunas or Hommoema sp blue peru

Ivike22

Arachnosquire
I bought this tiny fella as T. lagunas
Didn’t find any information.
Should I just read about hommoema sp blue peru? Is it fast growing?I guess not though. I need information. I love this spider though. So tiny but so brave. Never hides always out or hanging on the glass.
Speedy boi 😍
Any info would help thanks

Attachments

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I bought this tiny fella as T. lagunas
Didn’t find any information.
Should I just read about hommoema sp blue peru? Is it fast growing?I guess not though. I need information. I love this spider though. So tiny but so brave. Never hides always out or hanging on the glass.
Speedy boi 😍
Any info would help thanks
Last I remember Lagunas is still a scientifically valid name

Arachnid Addicted

Arachnoprince
Thrixopelma lagunas is a described species from Peru

Homoeomma sp. "Blue" or "Blue Peru", as its "nickname" says, is also from Peru, however, it is an undescribed species.

Now, here's the chaos. Lol.
There is an individual in the hobby that goes for both names. Some keepers have them as T. lagunas, others, have them as H. sp. "Blue".

Since this is a hobby mess, any scientifical taxonomic work, have been made, besides, not everyone knows about this issue.

To get things worst, there is another undescribed Theraphosinae that looks a lot like the same individual mentioned above. If I remember correctly, it is also from Peru, it is label only by Theraphosinae, but I forgot its nickname.

I don't know which one is yours, and I honestly don't remember if mines looked like yours when they were smaller.

From my experience, they are slow growers, my female has almost 4 years now and she is not matured yet. I kept both of them with half of the substrate moist and the other half, dry. With a small water dish on the moist side. Both of them never dug up so, I put a bark as a hide from them which they used, sometimes, lol.

Hope this might be helpful.

Ivike22

Arachnosquire
Thrixopelma lagunas is a described species from Peru

Homoeomma sp. "Blue" or "Blue Peru", as its "nickname" says, is also from Peru, however, it is an undescribed species.

Now, here's the chaos. Lol.
There is an individual in the hobby that goes for both names. Some keepers have them as T. lagunas, others, have them as H. sp. "Blue".

Since this is a hobby mess, any scientifical taxonomic work, have been made, besides, not everyone knows about this issue.

To get things worst, there is another undescribed Theraphosinae that looks a lot like the same individual mentioned above. If I remember correctly, it is also from Peru, it is label only by Theraphosinae, but I forgot its nickname.

I don't know which one is yours, and I honestly don't remember if mines looked like yours when they were smaller.

From my experience, they are slow growers, my female has almost 4 years now and she is not matured yet. I kept both of them with half of the substrate moist and the other half, dry. With a small water dish on the moist side. Both of them never dug up so, I put a bark as a hide from them which they used, sometimes, lol.

Hope this might be helpful.
yes!very helpful! Thank you 😊

I bought this as a homoeomma sp blue…not sure we’d be able to tell until they get older but I believe there is a difference
yes,on the picture my one is post molt. normally has a white dot on it’s butt

Attachments

Ivike22

Arachnosquire
Tbh, even though I know only one individual being known as two different species, I believe there are others too.
I read that they changed the name but also read that they’re two different species.
Just want to do the perfect husbandry that’s all.

Arachnid Addicted

Arachnoprince
I read that they changed the name but also read that they’re two different species.
Just want to do the perfect husbandry that’s all.
The names are still confusing and messy, unfortunately. Maybe someday we will know the answer.
About husbandry, I think there's nothing wrong if you use info on H. sp. Blue.
In this forum might have info of both, but I can't say for sure cause I've never looked it. Lol.

Arachnid Addicted

Arachnoprince
yes.
but what is the reason for your doubt?
Awesome, this is totally new info to me, thanks a lot.
No reason to my doubt, I was just confirming if I got it right. Lol.

So, there are no such thing as "Homoeomma sp. 'Blue'" in the hobby?