• The Review forums are closed to new reviews.

Please use our new Reviews & Reports section to leave reviews.

Information on how to use our new Reviews section can be found in our Tutorials forum.

Three Rivers Reptiles - Joliet, Illinois

C

Craig

Neutral

The store is very nice and up to date. The animals are well taken care of, but the people don't seem to know what they are talking about. The animals are pricey and the staff provides completely the wrong care information.

J

Jeff

Positive

"Three Rivers Reptile" is the best Pet Shop in the Joliet, IL area! The prices are excellent, much cheaper than the other local Pet Shops. The owners are very knowledgeable reptile breeders. Three Rivers Reptile also carries a large selection of Arachnids. I always enjoy shopping there.
JEFF SMITH
WWW.12GAUGE-TARANTULA.COM

T

Three Rivers Reptiles

Owner's reply

In ref. to Craig, thank you for a somewhat favorable review except the reference to the missinformation of care and the high prices. I would like for Craig to come back to the store and point out what exactly he thought was wrong information. If I or my staff is giving missinformation about an animal I would like to hear how he thinks the information should be. If it is in regards to an arachnid I get the information from books and the breeder and/or dealer that I have purchased the animal from. If I have been given missinformation I am open to correction. As for other animals in my store, as Craig has said, they are well taken care of and about the prices, to whom are you comparing them to? I feel that my overall prices are very competetive in the given area to which you are giving comparison.

Thank You,
Annetta
Three Rivers Reptiles.

sensei129

Arachnopeon
Positive

I have to say in my opinion “ Three River Reptiles” is THE BEST pet shop in the Will County area. I’ve found the staff to be VERY knowledgeable whether discussing pets I’ve purchased from them or anywhere else. They’ve handled my special requests (and there’s been allot of them) with the utmost, prompt, and courteous attention any customer would expect from any business. I found their prices to be very reasonable and at times managed to work out some great deals when purchasing in large quantities.

It’s always a pleasure shopping there!!!
Annetta I wouldn’t change a thing.

Chris & Karen

kreepykrawlies

Arachnopeon
The Best Store With The Best People Around!!!!

POSITIVE

Three Rivers Reptile is the best place (in my opinion) to shop for animals. Wayne and Annette are two really great people. Their knowledge on the animals in and out of their store is superb!!!! The cages are ALWAYS kept clean and the animals are always sold healthy! They are extremely honest people that are just not out for the sale but that will do what is best for the animal and the customer! You won't ever be hassled in to buying something! They tell you what you would need for the animal and the care you should provide! Their prices are exceptional especially due to the fact the animal is guaranteed healthy!! I owe them so much for the knowledgde they have shared with me! Thank you Wayne and Annette.
Best Wishes Always,
Nicole

Last edited:

Brian F.

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Positive

I don't know why I've never thought to post this before, but I've been going to Three Rivers for a while now, for feeders and the occasional invert. I've always enjoyed myself going in there & never had any bad experiences. If anything, their selection is such that they almost need a larger store to contain everything.

Later!
Brian

DanCameron

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Positive

I have been going to this store for quite some time and have always been happy with each visit. I would most definitely recommend this store to anyone else considering an arachnid, reptile, and or amphibian. The prices for their animals are definitely competitive and their staff is quite knowledgable on their care. However, I have found that some of the prices for the habitats/enclosures are a bit higher than some other stores. Another thing I would love to see is the labeling of the scientific names on the animals. But, then again, that could just be me. I'm kinda into the scientific study of these creatures and am a little weird like that. Overall, this store is excellent and I very much plan on going back.

Mina

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Postive

I go to 3 rivers often and have been for about 4 months now. I buy crickets and in January bought a G. pulchra sling at a very reasonable price. I shop there for several reasons. Anneta and Wayne are always helpful and polite, and they have very healthy crickets in many different sizes which is a help when I have 14 different sized T's, and the main reason is because their crickets last. Any time I have bout crix from somewhere else, more than half of them will be dead the next day. That never happens with 3 rivers crix. I am planning on getting a corn snake within the next year, and I will be getting it from 3 rivers.

ArachnoSoldier

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
decent place

I used to live in the joliet area, and when i found out about 3 rivers, I stopped in and looked around. Bought 2 T's a... H. Lividum, and A. versicolor. Prices were decent... online dealers prices seemed better, but the price leveled out with S&H charges...

Shido

Arachnopeon
When I lived in Joliet this was probably the only pet shop I went to (they didn't sell feeder fish). They have the coolest turtles which was why I went there a lot. I bought many animals from them and just bought one of my land crabs from them like 2 weeks ago. I still go there everytime I go to visit some friends in Joliet. Overall they are knowledgeable friendly and they carry a wide array of animals

JungleGuts

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
best place around by far....huge varity, good prices, smart employees.

bigo

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Three River Reptiles in Joliet,IL

I was in search of new pets stores in or around Chicago so after reading the positive reviews I decided to try this place. While I guess that reviews can be deceiving, my friend and I where not treated with the “utmost, prompt, and courteous attention any customer would expect from any business” instead we where ignored even though we where the only customers. But after viewing their animals, some questions arose and we had to approach the two guys that where working there. They did not know the scientific names of their scorpion or tarantulas and one of them even showed fear. Another deceiving fact was that “Three Rivers Reptile also carries a large selection of Arachnid” I only counted 5 or 6 different species of Tarantulas with one unknown and 2 species of scorpions but they did have a variety of snakes and lizards. As for prices, they did have some animals with fair prices but I would not state that “The prices are excellent, much cheaper than the other local Pet Shops” because in my book they hold the record for the most expensive female G.rose at $18.99. In the city where prices are suppose to be higher, G.rose range from $11.99- $14.99. Over all health of their animals was good. So was the one hour and 45min worth the drive? I would have to say no but the only positive thing was that the gas price in Joliet was $1.98. I spended more money on gas then on tarantulas and scorpions which is a first for me.

JungleGuts

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
well this latest visit i noticed tons of little flies in the tarantula enclosures and many T enclosures had a few uneaten crickets in the enclosure witch im sure would annoy any T thats not hungry.

shadowwalker

Arachnopeon
positive

I bought a Rosie there yesterday. The cages were neat and clean. Maybe a little on the dry side. They were actually a dollar less than the Petco near there for the same T (supposedly, Im not sure Petco was right, and I'm too new to tell by looking. Either that or their description was slightly off) and I feel I got a better animal.

Not a huge selection though. About three different T's, a Scorp, And a few other inverts. A large variety of reptiles on the other hand. I'd probably buy again if they got something in I was looking for.

dominic1138

Arachnopeon
Re: Neutral

Obviously, you must not have spoken to anyone while you visited the store. Anetta and Wayne are the most well informed reptile shop owners I've ever dealt with. If they are unsure of something, they will take the time to find out that info for you.. But I've never seen that happen anyway. I've been a customer of Three Rivers for years.. I've bought their livestock.. I've sold them hatchling snakes, bought food and supplies as well. Pricewise, they are extremely economical and wont sell you something unless they feel you need it. Thats alot more than I can say for some other vendors in the Chicago area who have tried telling me anything to make a sale... They may be able to pull that on some people, but not me. I love dealing with Three Rivers because I took the time to get to know the owners... They have been breeding and caring for these animals longer than I have.. I trust them, their livestock and their food and supplies. Every time I'm in the shop, it's clean. The animals are healthy. The staff is courteous. The prices are completely competetive. What else could you want?? Go into any other shop and you are just looked at as profit. I recommend everyone shop here! I have for years and will continue!!

Rock on Anetta & Wayne!

R.I.P Rockman

Peace,
Dominic, Vicki & Orion

DaleAty

Arachnopeon
Love Three Rivers Reptile

We've bought lizards there for at least 4 years now. First our veiled chameleon, and now our 2 Leopard Geckos! The lizards are always clean, cared for and we've always gotten all our questions answered and everything we needed from them! Thanks guys!!!