Three new Liphistiidae species from China.

Arthroverts

Arachnoking
Most interesting. I find it funny how a lot of pictures of the habitats of new trapdoors are of embankments alongside roads and walkways, as is the case with all three of these new species.

Thanks for sharing,

Arthroverts

RezonantVoid

Hollow Knight
Most interesting. I find it funny how a lot of pictures of the habitats of new trapdoors are of embankments alongside roads and walkways, as is the case with all three of these new species.

Thanks for sharing,

Arthroverts
In the vast majority of cases, trapdoors prefer horizontal burrowing. This is particularly the case with large clay dwelling species, presumably because the burrow will drain much easier this was in the event of it flooding than if it was on flat ground and going straight down

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer
This is particularly the case with large clay dwelling species, presumably because the burrow will drain much easier this was in the event of it flooding than if it was on flat ground and going straight down
We are talking about a puddle potential gene. Did you realize when you reached that conclusion you established proof that spiders, or at least a gene, is smarter than humans. The ones with flooded basements anyway.

Arthroverts

Arachnoking
In the vast majority of cases, trapdoors prefer horizontal burrowing. This is particularly the case with large clay dwelling species, presumably because the burrow will drain much easier this was in the event of it flooding than if it was on flat ground and going straight down
Oh no, I am aware. I just find it interesting how so many species are discovered within a few meters of traffic, a "pristine" habitat for them apparently.

Thanks,

Arthroverts