Threat posture pic

conipto

ArachnoPrincess
Old Timer
Well, despite my thinking she might have grown out of it, My G. rosea is still, as always, meaner than %$#%.

Bill

Attachments

Code Monkey

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
There's just something sublimely funny about pics of roseas in threat postures :)

Sort of like an angry midget.

Exodus

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Excellently put Code! An Angry Midget...Fun...;P

Ben

Arachnopuppy

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Hahahaha. Never thought I'd see a G. rosea do something like that.

Buspirone

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
My rosie does that but also raises another set of legs when I start poking around her shelter with tweezers but doesn't mind if my hand is inside the cage close to her. She was very calm at first but after getting fattened up and lots of water became very territorial of her shelter and the immediate area around it and will defend rather than flee. I find it cute and amusing.

Godzilla2000

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
My Luci threw up a threat posture sort of like this after scrambling onto the top of her lid, albeit with a little more enthusiasm after the final stray cat I was harboring harassment incident. This also led to my giving the cat away post haste. But the thing with Cobalts I've found is to stay calm and they won't lunge at you alot. The owner of the Pet store I bought Luci from thinks I'm crazy.

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
don't you just love G rosea threat postures?! Here is Vayu Son's male getting really irritated with me!

Last edited:

pategirl

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
My rosie is a demon....they're so cute when they decide they want to be like usumbaras, though. My rosie doesn't tolerate anything touching her dirt, and she puts on a big display when she feels her dirt is in danger of being touched. As you can see below, her attitude is not a good one.

Code Monkey

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Originally posted by Immortal_sin
don't you just love G rosea threat postures?! Here is Vayu Son's male getting really irritated with me!
That pic needs its original caption for full effect: I will not mate with her anymore!

Godzilla2000

Arachnoangel
Old Timer

I just have to laugh whenever I see that picture. Not even my Cobalt Blue throws that big of a fit. You definately have a diva on your hands Pate.

Infinity

Arachnopeon
Originally posted by Code Monkey
There's just something sublimely funny about pics of roseas in threat postures :)

Sort of like an angry midget.
I have a rose hair named "Midget" I'm growing up from sling... I hope she stays calm in her old age.=D

invadermike

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
i have the meanest rosehair on earth. You can not go near her, she is a real #$?^! #$%@?#$% 34%^@! well for example, when it comes time to give her new water clean out her water bowl and stuff, i need tongs to get her water bowl, because he kicks hairs like a wild #$?%! and not only goes into threat postion but stirkes, alot.. shes one big bully. Anyway it came to cleaning cage day and i had to get her out... this was horrible. the seond i took the lid off to her cage and put down a piece of wood to get her to climb onto, she kicked hairs franticly and striked the wood atleast 4 times, the hairs were floating through the air, and i said... thats not good, so i ran away and closed my door, to let them settle.. then i came back finally got her out gave her a new home, and vaccumed my bed, and my floor shes so mean to me!!!!!! any way yea, shes a killer. and she will be a virgin for life, because she will eat anyone and anything that goes into her cage.. haha SHES EVIL! =D

Godzilla2000

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
My Rosehair did that earlier on. But then she got the idea I wasn't going to hurt her and that it's feeding time whenever she sees my hand in the tank.

Inuleki

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
normally my rosie is the sweetest girl you could ever hope to meet... but at the moment she is so mad at me that she has venom dripping from her fangs... :eek: sigh... i had to move her because of a gravid *&#@ of a damned cricket... laying eggs all over the place..

and well, since i don't like to take chances with any sort of infestation, she gets new substrate in the morning, along with a nice new custom burrow.. she likes to dig, but i thought i'd help her out... the things i do for my girls :rolleyes:

Raveness

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
My rose hair is a freakin mutant.... She never rests, she flips out over the slightest vibration... If you touch her sometimes she will snap at you... She runs all over her cage.. She is always moving.. It is very weird..lol..

She is the most active tarantula I have ever seen. ALways moving.

Last edited:

Mendi

Arachnowolf
Old Timer
I just thought I would add a picture of my "sweet" Psycho to this post as this girl fits in really well

Gillian

Arachnoblessed
Old Timer
Originally posted by pategirl
My rosie is a demon....they're so cute when they decide they want to be like usumbaras, though. My rosie doesn't tolerate anything touching her dirt, and she puts on a big display when she feels her dirt is in danger of being touched. As you can see below, her attitude is not a good one.
Pate,
My rosie is the same (sans the temper tantrum). If you touch her dirt...she flies into a rage. She attacks the tongs, and then raises one entire side of her body off the ground..
Gotta love a rosie!
Peace,
Gillian

*lol* at Code...=D

Midwest Art

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Ragin Rosies!

Here's another one, my red phase rose hair. I had another "docile" species, a pink zebra, go ballistic at me last night so temperment varies by species, handling, etc.

N-Joy
Art

Last edited: