Thoughts on this pokie sp.

Pociemon

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Pictures are not that easy to work with, and it being a ready male is not better. But i will have to say it is a poecilotheria vittata ready male. I dont see any yellow on these pictures, is that true, it does narrow down the options here, but can you give us a clear picture? Maybe move him to a clear container where picture quality is good!

14pokies

Arachnoprince
Pictures are not that easy to work with, and it being a ready male is not better. But i will have to say it is a poecilotheria vittata ready male. I dont see any yellow on these pictures, is that true, it does narrow down the options here, but can you give us a clear picture? Maybe move him to a clear container where picture quality is good!
Thats the best I have. Legs are completely white.. Yesterday I thought he was ornata when I was able to get a quick peek. I coaxed him out today and was surprised by what I saw.. I believe I know what he is but I want a consensus before I give my opinion.. Thank you

Pociemon

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
You need the underside to ID him, but from these pictures my best guess is vittata. I can´t match it with any other after looking at it the best i can.

Thistles

Arachnobroad
Old Timer
20160905_074427.jpg
Those spots plus white indicate vittata, no? I'm not an expert, but that's my understanding.

Pociemon

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
View attachment 219572
Those spots plus white indicate vittata, no? I'm not an expert, but that's my understanding.
I normally check front legs first, see if they match, then the 4 in the back. I am not a taxonomist by any means, i just look at the patterns on the legs, but i do use these places when looking at them ventrally for ID purposes. Then there is colouration to consider aswell. I have ID many poecs IRL, but that is much more easy to do for obvious reasons.

14pokies

Arachnoprince
You need the underside to ID him, but from these pictures my best guess is vittata. I can´t match it with any other after looking at it the best i can.
I know I was just trying to show off this sexy beast!

14pokies

Arachnoprince
I was hoping to get more replys to this thread confirming what I thought.. Wich agrees with what pociemon and thistles have said.. When I coaxed him from his hide this morning and got a good look at those legs I said oops thats not ornata its vitatta..

If anyone else wants to confirm or disagree please do so as I will be posting this guy for a breeder loan as well as actively seeking a female tomorrow morning.. Whatever comes first..

Because I recieved him as MM mystery T I will not under any circumstances breed him if anyone can give me a legitimate reason to doubt the Id on this guy.. So please reply with any thoughts confirming or challenging his status as a vitatta..

Last edited:

shining

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I wish I knew enough about Ts to help in this situation but I do not. I just wanted to say, he is a looker!

JumpingSpiderLady

Arachnobaron
It seems to have a preference for sticking that one leg out. Is that normal?
Clarification: I know next to nothing about pokies. Not my cup of tea.