Thoughts on enclosure and health of juvie G. Pulchra

tupacalypse

Arachnopeon
So i recently just received him at around 7cm and after a couple days of settling i changed him into an enclosure where he can burrow. Previously he was on barely any substrate and I was told by the seller the substrate has been around for over two years without changing. So he was a bit aggressive as he pounces on anything including the tweezer when i put it in his enclosure and did not eat live or crushed mealworms i put in. With his abdomen looking plump should mean he was eating previously? Any thoughts on the enclosure and what not would be appreciated!

Attachments

cold blood

Staff member
seller the substrate has been around for over two years without changing.
Substrate does not just go bad, it literally never needs to be changed.
and did not eat live or crushed mealworms i put in. With his abdomen looking plump should mean he was eating previously?
Yeah, its fat, which means its eaten its fill. Don't worry about feeding it, fat ts do NOT require food....it will eat after it next molts...which could be weeks, months or even a year.
Any thoughts on the enclosure
looks good.

tupacalypse

Arachnopeon
Substrate does not just go bad, it literally never needs to be changed.

Yeah, its fat, which means its eaten its fill. Don't worry about feeding it, fat ts do NOT require food....it will eat after it next molts...which could be weeks, months or even a year.

looks good.
Thanks! Should i still attempt to feed it weekly then?