Thought I would let y'all know these guys are fast.

CyclingSam

Arachnoknight
I thought I would just let y'all know that these are fast, really fast. Jimmy John's just knocked on the door and offered him a job. DSCN8381.JPG

Ghost56

Arachnobaron
I thought I would just let y'all know that these are fast, really fast. Jimmy John's just knocked on the door and offered him a job. View attachment 234278
Yep lol. And once they decide to bolt, they don't stop till they run out of juice like an energizer bunny. It always cracks me up, cause you can literally watch them keep steadily getting slower and slower. Stay on your toes too when it gets older. My little lady has developed this new thing where she sometimes decides to just bolt out of her enclosure, and take a flying leap of faith off the work station instead of eating.

Paiige

Arachnobaron
But they're so cuuute :arghh:

Good to know though...would you say quicker than E. cyanognathus? It's my fastest to date so it'd be good to have some perspective.

CyclingSam

Arachnoknight
But they're so cuuute :arghh:

Good to know though...would you say quicker than E. cyanognathus? It's my fastest to date so it'd be good to have some perspective.
Not experienced with that one. This one took off across the floor and had gone 4 feet before I could scoop him up.

mistertim

Arachnobaron
Want to see fast? Check out my L. megatheloides. Looks like Pokies are left in the dust. Insane.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
As for P.murinus I will continue to say that their speed is a bit underestimated in general. If they want, those are able to perform impressive bolts.

But 'bury' those under lots of inches of dirt and a piece of cork bark, and they will turn lovely pet holes :-s

Last edited:

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Oops. Thanks for the check, @Chris LXXIX ! And yes, I really have never seen a spider that fast.
We have those (and that genus) here in Italy, available. I've never owned one, you know, when you keep saying 'yes' then you end buying always something else.
I like L.fallax, also... sort of 'GBB' on steroids :-s

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Any baboon can turn into a blur in an instant.
Not the Goddess :-s

An adult Goddess would rather stand on the ground, hissing, biting the 'air' in full berserk throwing tantrum like brats or semi-jump in a 'Sumo' funny way for reach the brush :-s

mistertim

Arachnobaron
Not the Goddess :-s

An adult Goddess would rather stand on the ground, hissing, biting the 'air' in full berserk throwing tantrum like brats or semi-jump in a 'Sumo' funny way for reach the brush :-s
Fair point. Though most of us can't find or afford a full grown Goddess.

Moonohol

Two Legged Freak
Any baboon can turn into a blur in an instant. Learned that with my H. pulchripes.
Yup. Had my H. chrysogaster bolt once during feeding time. Luckily, I was prepared, but (s)he was like a little black lightning bolt. Baboons are no joke... which is one of the reasons I love em!

mistertim

Arachnobaron
She's really so high priced and hard to find in the U.S? :-/

Here in Europe in general a sexed 'sized' Goddess is yours for $50 max max $60
Yes, really hard to find and no way you can get a sexed female for less than $200