thought a Greenbottle Blue was a Blue Legged Baboon and here I am with a H. pulchripes.

yrod6753

Arachnopeon
My guy/ girl really surprised me today but I need help redoing this enclosure. This species likes to “ burrow” so I would have to keep that mind but I think I have gist of it. If I have to redo this whole enclosure please tell me, I also have another enclosure to change too if is too large.

Attachments

Matt Man

Arachnoprince
I assume the white box is what it came in? Since it's already free in the enclosure redoing it may be tad tricky. Any side pictures? How deep is the dirt?

Jonathan6303

Arachnoangel
I assume the white box is what it came in? Since it's already free in the enclosure redoing it may be tad tricky. Any side pictures? How deep is the dirt?
Looks to be about an inch or inch and a half of sub

Tarantuland

Arachnoprince
That enclosure looks far too large. H pulchripes are old worlds so have potent venom and are quite fast, but I prefer them to GBB. Just put it in something smaller with ventilation holes, dry substrate, cork bark hide, and water dish.

yrod6753

Arachnopeon
That enclosure looks far too large. H pulchripes are old worlds so have potent venom and are quite fast, but I prefer them to GBB. Just put it in something smaller with ventilation holes, dry substrate, cork bark hide, and water dish.
that’ll be very hard, this thing already moves the speed of light when I’m just standing next to the enclosure and it already started to web.

Tarantuland

Arachnoprince
that’ll be very hard, this thing already moves the speed of light when I’m just standing next to the enclosure and it already started to web.
As long as it can’t escape through the vents and you mitigate any fall risk by having enough substrate, it should be ok

yrod6753

Arachnopeon
11/10 will do. Thank you, would you say like right below the vents or a little lower? I have an idea of where it should be.

Last edited by a moderator:

yrod6753

Arachnopeon
Those blue legs are already showing so cute. Yes more substrate. It is a fossorial species which means it makes a burrow. I would say you need about 4 inches and up of sub
Is that enough ? If not can you save images and mark where I should fill up too. And should I change to this enclosure ? It’s more ideal for digging. I would also add more substrate and add same things in the old enclosure.

Attachments

Last edited:

Jonathan6303

Arachnoangel
Is that enough ? If not can you save images and mark where I should fill up too. And should I change to this enclosure ? It’s more ideal for digging. I would also add more substrate and add same things in the old enclosure.
Needs more. I would fill that tall enclosure(4th pic) at least half way with substrate. Make sure there is good ventilation.

yrod6753

Arachnopeon
Needs more. I would fill that tall enclosure(4th pic) at least half way with substrate. Make sure there is good ventilation.
So switch is what your saying ?
And the ventilation should be good, it has holes at top but would need too tarantula proof it so no accidents occur.

yrod6753

Arachnopeon
Yea probably be best. The one your keeping it would be better for a terrestrial.
Someone in my last post said to tilt over and have it like a terrestrial? Would you suggest ?

End result? Any suggestions?

Just made this also, would this work ?

Attachments

Jonathan6303

Arachnoangel
End result? Any suggestions?
I wood take out that piece of cork bark on the right. Make sure to give it some space to move. Also they are fossorial so when they make there burrow they will predominantly be in there. Otherwise beautiful enclosure maybe move the water dish to were there cork bark on the right is so that it’s nice and spread out

Just made this also, would this work ?
This enclosure would be great for any terrestrial. So if you find a terrestrial t and want to pick it up it would thrive in that enclosure.

yrod6753

Arachnopeon
I wood take out that piece of cork bark on the right. Make sure to give it some space to move. Also they are fossorial so when they make there burrow they will predominantly be in there. Otherwise beautiful enclosure maybe move the water dish to were there cork bark on the right is so that it’s nice and spread out.
I wood take out that piece of cork bark on the right. Make sure to give it some space to move. Also they are fossorial so when they make there burrow they will predominantly be in there. Otherwise beautiful enclosure maybe move the water dish to were there cork bark on the right is so that it’s nice and spread out

This enclosure would be great for any terrestrial. So if you find a terrestrial t and want to pick it up it would thrive in that enclosure.
Will do, it’s currently in the other enclosure and will be getting transferred now and I will take that bark out.

Craig73

Arachnoangel
Well could have been worse and ended up with blue bottle green leg baboon.

I know you have two threads going so I’ll post these here. Left is an obt ~2” in a 8x6 and a H. Pulchripes ~1.5” in a 4x4 amac box.. The enclosure does not need to be huge, my rule of thumb is keep smaller enclosures until they hit 1.5” -2”; I like to monitor my T’s and these provide the right balance for what they need and for me to observe.

One of the many experiences you should get from keeping T’s is the rehousing; IMO the most important part and I can’t say I enjoyed all of the ones I’ve done to date. If you jump to adult sized enclosures you cheat yourself out of the experience.

Your T would be fine in the first enclosure you have set up. As long as it’s not having problems catching its prey or accessing water it will be fine. They will burrow and also take advantage of the top surface space as well; mine is out 99% of the time.

The obt enclosure looks light on sub depth, but it’s deeper in the back with drift wood sunk in so it’s got an underground labyrinth with about four different entry/exit points. You never know which way it’s coming from, super exciting seat of your pants stuff, luckily it’s secure and no crazy obt stories here.

225CAFFB-6332-475E-ABC0-88ECD3CDBE3A.jpeg