This weekend's new acquisitions (pics)

nicodimus22

Arachnomancer
Arachnosupporter
Yesterday, I headed up to the Hamburg, PA Reptile Expo. Delivered my MM G. pulchra to Anastasia at Net-Bug (who was very nice and helpful) for breeding, and brought these home:

3.75" Aphonopelma chalcodes

1" Lasiodora klugi

0.75" Brachypelma emelia

0.25" Euathlus Sp. Red

Paiige

Arachnobaron
What a good looking bunch of Ts! Anastasia is very pleasant to deal with from my experience with her

nicodimus22

Arachnomancer
Arachnosupporter
What a good looking bunch of Ts! Anastasia is very pleasant to deal with from my experience with her
She was great! I went to leave a review for her here, but it seems that she hasn't been active since 2015 and the old review thread has been closed.

Hoping that the pulchra breeding goes well. The hobby needs more of them, and if there is a large supply, eventually the price will come down as well.

Paiige

Arachnobaron
She was great! I went to leave a review for her here, but it seems that she hasn't been active since 2015 and the old review thread has been closed.

Hoping that the pulchra breeding goes well. The hobby needs more of them, and if there is a large supply, eventually the price will come down as well.
Agreed. It seems as if (at least locally) the price has dropped a little in the last year and more people have then available - when I got mine last year I was super excited because I had been having a tough time finding them. They're such great Ts. Mine is the "puppy dog" of my collection and I definitely want more :D

Now if only someone would get on breeding more G. iheringi...$75-100 for unsexed 1.5" is a tough pill to swallow o_O

nicodimus22

Arachnomancer
Arachnosupporter
Now if only someone would get on breeding more G. iheringi...$75-100 for unsexed 1.5" is a tough pill to swallow o_O
HOLY COW! I saw a 2.5 incher of that yesterday for $175 and it was amazing looking in person. Out of my price range, but yeah, I would love to see the price drop and eventually own one.

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
B. auratum
B. emilia, E. sp. "Red", and a B. auratum? All slings? You're a glutton for punishment, aren't you?

Very nice haul! Especially that A. chalcodes :p Be sure to give it a ping pong ball or a crumbled piece of paper!

Paiige

Arachnobaron
HOLY COW! I saw a 2.5 incher of that yesterday for $175 and it was amazing looking in person. Out of my price range, but yeah, I would love to see the price drop and eventually own one.
They're such gorgeous Ts and every one I've seen has been super active. They've all been around the same size too so I'm assuming most of the ones on the east coast are from the same sack. I first saw them in person at the NE expo and thought they were just marked up because it's an expo and vendors can get away with it...but then I saw a few at a very reputable LPS for the same price and I was floored. They're definitely up at the top of my want list right now :D

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
They're such gorgeous Ts and every one I've seen has been super active. They've all been around the same size too so I'm assuming most of the ones on the east coast are from the same sack. I first saw them in person at the NE expo and thought they were just marked up because it's an expo and vendors can get away with it...but then I saw a few at a very reputable LPS for the same price and I was floored. They're definitely up at the top of my want list right now :D
One of the more expensive species here as well. G.iheringi Slings(3/4i) going for 35€, larger ones 70€ and up.

Paiige

Arachnobaron
One of the more expensive species here as well. G.iheringi Slings(3/4i) going for 35€, larger ones 70€ and up.
Yep sounds like these little guys need to mature real quick and make more babies :D
I'm just in love with the idea of a leggy, active Grammostola. I just did a quick check and online vendors here have them listed along the same price lines as Harpactira pulchripes and most Pamphos, also more than M. balfouri :shifty:

nicodimus22

Arachnomancer
Arachnosupporter
B. emilia, E. sp. "Red", and a B. auratum? All slings? You're a glutton for punishment, aren't you?
I've raised 2 Grammostolas from 1/4 inch slings, and I liked it. Seeing them grow is part of the fun for me, even if it takes a while. Currently have B. boehmei/albopilosum/emilia, 2 P. sazimai, and Euathlus Sp. Red as little teensy slings. :)

I was on the lookout for B. auratum slings yesterday, but nobody had them. It's one of the few species left on my wish list. As long as the price doesn't soar, I'm sure I'll get one eventually.

Last edited:

boina

Lady of the mites
So you went to Hamburg, PA... I work in Hamburg, Germany. I was a tad confused there for just a moment :wacky:.

Very nice Ts, though, although now you get to play the waiting game :D.

Btw... G. iheringi... mumblemumble... I have an AF... are you all jealous now? :smug: