Feedback This site can be frustrating

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spideymom

Arachnopeon
It seems like no matter how much time I take to read where to place posts or how to get to certain parts of this website. I’m confronted with the fact I’m not doing it properly. They say post it here or there, which is very frustrating. This site isn’t very user friendly on a cellphone, at least. The classified or wanted or for sale is not easy to access. Then several of my posts are being deleted. Also I’m not exactly tech savvy, but I do know my way around a computer. Anyway!😣

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
It seems like no matter how much time I take to read where to place posts or how to get to certain parts of this website. I’m confronted with the fact I’m not doing it properly. They say post it here or there, which is very frustrating. This site isn’t very user friendly on a cellphone, at least. The classified or wanted or for sale is not easy to access. Then several of my posts are being deleted. Also I’m not exactly tech savvy, but I do know my way around a computer. Anyway!😣
Do you have any specific questions or suggestions for improvement?

MrDeranged

He Who Rules
Staff member
If you ever have problems with site functionality or where to find something, you can always reach out to a staff member and we will be happy to help. :)

Can you please give us more details how you find the classifieds "not easy to access"?

Spideymom

Arachnopeon
Do you have any specific questions or suggestions for improvement?
Well it would be nice to have a drop down menu that says Classifieds or want ads. Also, if there was some simple instructions before you post that would indicate what is acceptable and what isn’t. For instance on Reddit they make it clear what they expect before you post. On any Facebook page they give you clear simple rules for what’s allowed and what isn’t. This site it seems like you post rules about not listing anything for sale except in the For sale/trade forum. However, there’s no drop down menu to access this forum in particular, nor does it say if you post for something that you’re looking for or in search of will your post be deleted. These are just a few suggestions I would make.

Attachments

MrDeranged

He Who Rules
Staff member
@Spideymom

Thank you for your feedback/suggestions.

Currently, the classifieds are simply 2 forums (For Sale/Trade/Wanted & Invertsonals) among many on Arachnoboards. None of our forums have direct links in the menu as menu items are only for different "sections" of the website (Forums, What's New, Reviews, Media, Members). Forums are found by scrolling through the available forums, which are all visible on the main page (when logged in). Each forum has a description on the main page that says what type of content belongs in that forum. For example, these are the classifieds forums:

1594159411282.png

We are currently beta testing a new classifieds area which, when opened, will have its own section and will then be in the menu.

Reddit, Facebook, and forums are all completely different types of software. While what they do and what we do may be similar, that does not mean that they will be done the same way.

As for the post that you highlighted, thank you for reminding me, it really needs to be updated properly. :D

If you ever have any questions, please feel free to reach out to the staff. We'll be happy to answer you.

Regards,
MrD

Spideymom

Arachnopeon
@Spideymom

Thank you for your feedback/suggestions.

Currently, the classifieds are simply 2 forums (For Sale/Trade/Wanted & Invertsonals) among many on Arachnoboards. None of our forums have direct links in the menu as menu items are only for different "sections" of the website (Forums, What's New, Reviews, Media, Members). Forums are found by scrolling through the available forums, which are all visible on the main page (when logged in). Each forum has a description on the main page that says what type of content belongs in that forum. For example, these are the classifieds forums:

View attachment 351874

We are currently beta testing a new classifieds area which, when opened, will have its own section and will then be in the menu.

Reddit, Facebook, and forums are all completely different types of software. While what they do and what we do may be similar, that does not mean that they will be done the same way.

As for the post that you highlighted, thank you for reminding me, it really needs to be updated properly. :D

If you ever have any questions, please feel free to reach out to the staff. We'll be happy to answer you.

Regards,
MrD
Thanks for responding! I look forward to the updates.

cold blood

Staff member
ell it would be nice to have a drop down menu that says Classifieds or want ads. Also
Its there...on the first pic, all you need to do is click on forums at the top, and all sections, classifieds included, will pop right up.
, if there was some simple instructions before you post that would indicate what is acceptable and what isn’t. For
The terms of service are located at the bottom of every page.
’t. For instance on Reddit they make it clear what they expect before you pos
All forums have a posting guideline right at the top of each forum page once its clicked.

Screenshot_20200708-141344.png Screenshot_20200708-141407.png

Spideymom

Arachnopeon
Its there...on the first pic, all you need to do is click on forums at the top, and all sections, classifieds included, will pop right up.
Not on my phone! I’ve done this multiple times. The picture I took is literally all I see when I click on forums. In order to get to the classifieds I have to search threads hopefully type something that someone who happened to post in either for sale/trade, or wanted, or invertsonals. And then proceed to click on that thread. From there click on the for sale button or wanted button to take me to the classified section to see other threads listed under that section. I think this seems excessive but who am I. I’m apparently ignorant of how this site is meant to work. So no the steps you’ve noted would seem very simple, and I would not be here ranting about my issues with this site. However, saying all this has made it clear that I’m becoming quite good at the 11 steps it takes to access the classifieds and maybe I’m in no longer of needing further assistance.

Last edited by a moderator:

purplephilia

Arachnolurker
@Spideymom I wonder if you are tapping on the v next to Forums instead of tapping on the word Forums? On my phone the v will bring up the sub-menu that's in your pictures, but if I tap on the word "Forums" then the Forums page loads, and you have to scroll down a bit to get to the Classifieds section.

MrDeranged

He Who Rules
Staff member
Hi @Spideymom,

The problem is that you are trying to get to the classifieds through the menu. The menu is to switch between different sections of the website (not different forums). There is currently no way to get to the classifieds through the menu as it is merely another forum among many on the website. There are no links to any of the individual forums in the menu. Until the classifieds becomes it own section, there will not be.

While I understand that you no longer feel you need assistance, it should never take 11 steps to access the classifieds. Please allow me to show you how to do it in 3. :)

(going into the menu is not currently necessary to access the classifieds).

1. Go to arachnoboards.com
  2. Scroll down to the "classifieds" section.
  3. Click on "For Sale/Trade/Wanted".
Hope that helps :)

Regards,
MrD
1594324989462.png

EpicEpic

Arachnoangel
Lmao this site is so simple!

Drop down menu...

Click forums..

Click classifieds (for sale/trade/wanted)

Spideymom

Arachnopeon
@Spideymom I wonder if you are tapping on the v next to Forums instead of tapping on the word Forums? On my phone the v will bring up the sub-menu that's in your pictures, but if I tap on the word "Forums" then the Forums page loads, and you have to scroll down a bit to get to the Classifieds section.
YOU ARE BRILLIANT!!!🥰😍🤩 That’s exactly what I was doing. I had no idea! Thank you for taking the time to explain this! You don’t know how much easier this made my life!!!😊🥰

Lmao this site is so simple!

Drop down menu...

Click forums..

Click classifieds (for sale/trade/wanted)
I’m telling you now that I know, knowing is half the battle!😉

purplephilia

Arachnolurker
Thank you for taking the time to explain this! You don’t know how much easier this made my life!!!😊🥰
You're very welcome, glad I could help! Some things on mobile were a learning process for me too (I still have a hard time with Reviews lol). Also see what MrDeranged said - if you go straight to arachnoboards.com you don't even need to click on forums, just scroll down until you find the forum you're looking for.

Spideymom

Arachnopeon
Hi @Spideymom,

The problem is that you are trying to get to the classifieds through the menu. The menu is to switch between different sections of the website (not different forums). There is currently no way to get to the classifieds through the menu as it is merely another forum among many on the website. There are no links to any of the individual forums in the menu. Until the classifieds becomes it own section, there will not be.

While I understand that you no longer feel you need assistance, it should never take 11 steps to access the classifieds. Please allow me to show you how to do it in 3. :)

(going into the menu is not currently necessary to access the classifieds).

1. Go to arachnoboards.com
  2. Scroll down to the "classifieds" section.
  3. Click on "For Sale/Trade/Wanted".
Hope that helps :)

Regards,
MrD
View attachment 352099
Thank you that does make it easier. But a special thanks to purplephilia for finally figuring out what I was doing wrong!

I appreciate everyone who took their time out to try to explain to me how to better utilize this site!😊

Status
Not open for further replies.