This seems to work for everyone else ....

FilliamHMuffman

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
So I have four spiders in premolt. My B Vagans (2.75") has eaten two decent sized roaches this week, but I finally saw its rump (she's been in her new burrow all month), and it's super dark. My G Aureostriata (1.5") and B Smithi (1.5") haven't eaten for a month and their rumps are huge and shiny. And my L Parahybana (1") hasn't eaten in 2-3 weeks either.

It's been chilly in the house, so I put a space heater near their tanks on low to warm them up a bit. I can tell it is working because when I woke up this morning they were all hugging the sides of their containers that face the space heater. The T's are on a shelves about 3' and 4' off of the ground, and the space heater is on pretty low, so I don't feel like they'll get cooked or anything.

I seem to see people posting and saying "My T's in pre-molt" and then the next day coming online to say that their Ts finally molted. Here's hoping that technique works for me. {D I've got this new B Dubia colony and I'm itching to start feeding some of these babies to my T's.

FilliamHMuffman

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Ok, that didn't work. No molts yet. Still have shiny black behinds. I saw my B Vagans cleaning up his little fangs which was super cute. The B smithi and G aureostriata are still completely buried. I misted each of their cages lightly because I'm afraid of it being dry due to the space heater I'm using to keep them warm. I think my L Parahybana is just annoyed with me - doesn't do much at all except avoid prey and wedge herself in this teeny tiny burrow at the end of her main burrow.

On the up side, the OBT and GBB are eating great. Not much eating from the A Purpurea, but I do believe she ate something this week so I'm not too worried.

arrowhd

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Sometimes it seems like a molt will take forever. I bet they all molt within 24 hours of each other.

vvx

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I have 4 smithi slings that I have been expecting to molt "any day" now for a month. :)

FilliamHMuffman

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Ok, so my L Parahybana finally decided to molt. When I first saw it, it was all wiggly and still on its back and now .... now it's just kinda lying there. Here's hoping he's ok at the end.

And that's one down ... three more pre-molt to go!

funnylori

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Maybe they just need a bit more humidity? Don't risk drying them out too much with the heater.