This one's a real challenge to guess sex.

LD67

Arachnopeon
This is the molt of my mex red leg. After it's done molting, all i have is a mangled disaster. This is about the best i can get of what's left. Keep in mind, it's still quite young and this molt is maybe the size of a dime. Anyone suggest a better angle or method to determine what sex it is?

Attachments

Nightstalker47

Arachnoking
Sorry, but those pictures show nothing that can help determine your Ts sex.
I can't see any of the important parts, if you could unfold the exuvia (where the abdomen is) then I'm sure we can get an idea of what gender your spider is. If the molt has dried then soak it in some luke warm water and gently try and spread it out. Look up tarantula sexing on Google images and you will know where you should be focusing the shot of your picture.

Trenor

Arachnoprince
Check out this video on how to prep your molt for sexing.

What we really need is this part here as close and clear as you can get it.

Good Luck.

LD67

Arachnopeon
I was just hoping that someone with a keener eye than mine could spot a clue. Like i said, due to its condition, this one's a challenge.

Trenor

Arachnoprince
I was just hoping that someone with a keener eye than mine could spot a clue. Like i said, due to its condition, this one's a challenge.
No worries. When I have one that is really bad twisted I'll cut off everything below the second set of book lungs to help it open up better. If you get it opened up post a new shot and we'll see if we can help you.

grayzone

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Dude at the size of a dime, youd need a jewelr loop or some sort of magnifier to determine its sex via molt anyways

LD67

Arachnopeon
I have a microscope, but the problem is the molt has now disappeared...