This one is for burrowing T's

Octa

Arachnosquire
Ok I just wanted to know what happens to all the crickets that "magically "disappear in the burrow.
Are the leftovers/ dead crickets just gonna stay inside the burrow and promote mite growth or ...?

Thanks guys

NikiP

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Most should kick out food leftovers. Then you just pick them out.

Many kick molts out, however, some just web them in & you suddenly notice larger legs poking out the hole :) Molts left like that don't seem to cause any harm.

AmbushArachnids

Arachnoculturist
Old Timer
If the burrow starts to smell funny you might want to rehouse. Maybe run a search on isopods or pill bugs. They will clean up what you cant see.

Suidakkra

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
If the burrow starts to smell funny you might want to rehouse. Maybe run a search on isopods or pill bugs. They will clean up what you cant see.
Definitely my Haplopelma's best little buddies. Im in the process of aquiring some orange ones for my other planted tanks.

Rob1985

This user has no status.
back in the day, my female "pet hole" (H. lividum) used to pile them up in webbing outside said "pet hole" entrance. lol :clap:

hassman789

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Yeah my curly hair drops "cricket balls" at the entrance of her burrow. It's cute!

xhexdx

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Aren't the Ts gonna eat those as well?
If the spider is large enough, no. Smaller spiders may try to eat them, but if you put a large enough quantity in there, there's nothing to worry about.

OBT1

Arachnosquire
I can get all my pill bugs right out side my door;there's a colony.{D{D{D:)