This meanest thing you'v ever seen

Marts

Arachnopeon
Well, she's been my friend for the past 6 months or so.

If anyones interested, its an Australian Huntsman making a mess of a cockroach.

When i first caught her/built her a home.

A late night shot of her feeding.

Arachnophilist

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Beautiful spider.. you are very fortunate to be able to catch such lovely species!! all I can get is Tegenaria duellica :D

Taceas

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Do you have any closer images of Jethrow, whatever it may be? Looks intriguing.

Marts

Arachnopeon
I wish i could, but my camera cant handle close ups, they are just farrr to out of focus, shame though, cause she is one little cutie.

I cant do close ups with my camera, but i can zoom in with photshop, so here are a few more flicks of my beloved.

Feasting on a roach (from above)

I was digging through some old photos of when i originally caught her (in a glass, hence the blurryness) and i found a couple good ones.

At full stretch, maybe 2".

A nice close up of dinner.

Cheers Guys!

Last edited:

Bigboy

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Is that a common find in your neck of the woods?

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
try taking pics though a magnifying glass. i know it sounds silly but it helped me when i had to use my brother's RAZR cellphone camera.

now that i got a 5 megapixel cam i still use them... i took a pic where you can clearly identify features that are like 300-500 microns long!

nice looking spider... looks like it would be quick!

Marts

Arachnopeon
I found this bad boy on the roof of my room. Right in ontop of my bed. It's only the second one iv seen one in my room, and the first iv kept captive. Unfortunately i lack knowledge as far as huntsman's go and have no idea where to look for more. I only know that these boys can pop up just about anywhere; roofs, attics, basements, cars, etc.

She did create an egg sack about 2 months ago, but being an unexperience spider catcher back then, i paniced and threw them outside into the garden. Only in the past month or so have i really taken it seriously and fed her regularly and looked into sites like these.

loxoscelesfear

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
is it a...?

is it a carolina wolf spider? or a fishing spider? i cant tell , any1 know?