This makes me SICK! Please report!!!

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
To those guys who missed the video, in addition to cutting up a pede, the guy also weakens another before burning it alive.
Aww, dude, i intentionally stopped watching before it became worse...no need to fill my head with that image...I would like to, you know, get some sleep later...

Andee

Arachnobaron
Arachnosupporter
I am so glad we were able to get it removed. I honestly would likely never keep pedes on purpose (at least not centipedes, I love milipedes and other types). But I have several that find their way into my house (insect cages) and garage. All mine are the CA natives, and of course when/if they are dangerous to my insects, I remove them and put them outside *shrugs*. I see no need to destroy something... just for the "fun?" of it? Was it supposed to be fun? It made me sick. Poor babies. I mean I honestly would never be against taking a centipede in if it was in need of a home, and I would likely fall in love with them then. I just have never had the chance. I still find them beautiful and wonderfully adapted <3 (which is something I find amazing)

Jesse James

Arachnosquire
If you thought those bug fights were bad, this is a whole new level. And if cutting up a pede isn't disgusting enough, at approx 3:44 it becomes truly sadistic and utterly disturbing. Please, report this video!

What was the channel?

Nephila Edulis

Arachnoknight
If he was on fire and I had water, I'd drink it. Just like techrax when he burned live hissing cockroaches to death with molten aluminium and kept it monetised even after he made an "apology"

Staehilomyces

Arachnoprince
I just wish I could have remembered the channel, in case there are more videos of that type. I also imagine, from the title of the video "My Pet Centipede" that it was directed toward people like us.

Pennywise

Arachnolord
Old Timer
I couldn't stand to watch it. There was a Stupid supposedly nature show that
came out a couple of years ago where this guy was dissecting insects. In
the name of science so he said. Obviously the show didn't last. :vomit:

Staehilomyces

Arachnoprince
Another one, from another channel. This time, it's drowning what appears to be a collection of orange-legged Dehaani. He has posted similar videos before, and typically laughs off people who attempt to reason with him. Report away!

Last edited:

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
Another one, from another channel. This time, it's drowning what appears to be a collection of orange-legged Dehaani. He has posted similar videos before, and typically laughs off people who attempt to reason with him. Report away!
<[°¥\<~{>|%% seriously?? :mad:
Edit: reported. Bastard. :shifty:

What baffles me is that they are so happy to torment these creatures when instead they could've sold it and make money out of it. I haven't got a clue what goes on in these peoples heads...

Last edited:

basin79

ArachnoGod
Unfortunately breeders drown pedes to knock them out to be able to "pop" them to sex.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Unfortunately breeders drown pedes to knock them out to be able to "pop" them to sex.
This is correct, and, IMO, one of the reasons why Scolopendridae are 99.99% always sold as "unsexed" even by skilled breeders here on AB or worldwide. To sex a Theraphosidae is easy. To sex a Scolopendridae more annoying, and not worth since they doesn't move the 'market' like T's do. Sadly.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
when instead they could've sold it and make money out of it.
I doubt, my friend... according to his YT channel and name/username, he's from Vietnam. Those 'pedes are natives on such areas and to encounter those in your house, quite normal.

Asian Scolopendridae are extremely cheap even here in Europe and in the U.S so I doubt that, selling those, he would make money.

As far a judgement of mine is concerned about him and his act, I'd prefer not, for that I can be really offensive if I want... let's say only that some Yankee forgot to deliver a nice dose of Napalm, back then, to a certain house lol

basin79

ArachnoGod
This is correct, and, IMO, one of the reasons why Scolopendridae are 99.99% always sold as "unsexed" even by skilled breeders here on AB or worldwide. To sex a Theraphosidae is easy. To sex a Scolopendridae more annoying, and not worth since they doesn't move the 'market' like T's do. Sadly.
They are also co2'd instead of drowning. That's got to be less stressful if done right.

Jesse James

Arachnosquire
They are also co2'd instead of drowning. That's got to be less stressful if done right.
I would say just stomp them if they are a pest. I feel like these centipedes have been tormenting this guy for some time, and felt he should return the favor. His biggest mistake was posting it on the internet.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
* When I said that Asian Scolopendridae are cheap (here in Europe and in the U.S) I was talking, of course, about 'common' S.subspinipes and S.dehaani, not the rare one.