Hello there, why not take a few seconds to register on our forums and become part of the community? Just click here.

this made my day right...

Discussion in 'Scorpions' started by mackytamayo, Apr 8, 2009.

1. mackytamayo

mackytamayo Arachnopeon

Advertisement
    woke up this morning with a headache but as i look around to take a peep at my pets, whoooow....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

this definitely made my day..{D {D {D

2. hahaha whoa!!! awesome! congrats! what species is that?

3. mackytamayo

mackytamayo Arachnopeon

t'was sold to me as c. bicolor or costa rican bark scorpions.

4. pandinus

pandinus Arachnoking Old Timer

looks like the bicolor morph of C margaritatus, but its hard to tell with a back full of babies. great looking scorpion that i havent seen round for a while, nice work.:D just be a little on your guard, this species isnt very communal for a centruroides.

John

5. Nungunugu

Nungunugu Arachnosquire

sweet dude!

But I would also say it's a C.margaritatus. They are often believed to be C.bicolor.

But in comparison to my C.bicolor I see some pretty obvious differences in the coloring ant the body shape (too thick chelae, and too short metasomial segments)

6. mackytamayo

mackytamayo Arachnopeon

i myself am a little bit confused with its name because even here in the philippines some say that this is a c.margaritatus bicolor morph while others say that its a c.bicolor. this species is common nowadays here.

7. tabor

tabor Arachnoprince Old Timer

the only real bicolors in the hobby right now are in Europe i think. as far as i know the ones from asia are c. margaritatus bicolor morph :)

8. syntaxerror

syntaxerror Arachnopeon

HI this Centruroides Margaritatus Bicolor morph thing is all made up.. there is no such thing as Centruroides Margaritatus bicolor morph. Both Centruroides Margaritatus and Centruroides Bicolor are valid species. Others Just made this thing because they got mistaken with the color formation of margaritatus but then the different between the color and the chelae of the margaritatus compare to bicolor are total different

by the way the sp. Centruroides Margaritatus which got different morph is under revision, and it needs to be revised since it was a nightmare for hobbyist like us we end up doing mistakes in label and others do funny things such as making other sp. in the genus centruroides

Ciao

9. tabor

umm what? In the book "Scorpions of Costa Rica" it clearly shows the difference between what it calls a forest and a valley color form of C. magraritatus and also has a decent picture and description of a C. bicolor.

On a real C. bicolor's tail, only the stinger and the last 1-2 segments of the tail will be dark. It's body is dark, except for tergite 7 (the segment where the tail attaches), which is light as well. It's pincers are also dark.

The most obvious sign that this is not a real C. bicolor is that the entire tail is dark and it appears tergite #7 is as well.

There is nothing wrong with it, it just isnt a C. bicolor, but nonetheless still a beautiful scorpion :)

10. syntaxerror

syntaxerror Arachnopeon

Ryan

As far as I know the difference between the two species was in the size of the chelae and in the metasoma, also including the denctile count and some more Ü and yes even though its not a bicolor its a beautiful scorpion. I also keep some of this Margaritatus which got different morph

Ciao

11. Congrats! I hope my Scorps breed too!

12. tabor

Those are two differences as well, but the easiest way to tell is the color of tergite #7 and the metasoma. Two things which show up easily in those pictures.

I agree though. That C. margaritatus is such a nice scorpion I don't know why people are obsessed with getting C. bicolors. There isn't really THAT much difference between that morph of C. marg and C. bicolor. Also, C. marg's are found all over the county, while C. bicolors are fairly rare.

Don't get me wrong, I think C. bicolors are awesome looking, but that morph of C. margaritatus is close enough to keep me satisfied :)

13. syntaxerror

syntaxerror Arachnopeon

indeed Ü I also like this Margaritatus which got different morph. Anyway there are lots of C.Margaritatus distribution all over so maybe there are some more beautiful morph BTW I also like the Margaritatus Muroi* morph please correct me if Im wrong for some reason I forgot the named morph Ü

CHeers

14. tabor

yeah i remember murnoi or morenei (dont remember the spelling) being thrown around as a morph a lot a few years ago. haven't seen one in ages though. C. limbatus also has a light morph that looks cool too i think.

15. pandinus

pandinus Arachnoking Old Timer

Pokemon mentality.;)

16. Anthony Straus

Anthony Straus Arachnobaron

Beautiful scorps, and congrats on the scorplings!

17. syntaxerror

syntaxerror Arachnopeon

yeah right you got to catch them all LOL specially the rare seen pokemon Ü

Ryan

Definitely the C.Limbatus got lots of morph. Beautiful morphs

Cheers

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.