This made my brain hurt

Tarantulafeets

Arachnobaron
Just some quotes from the page:

"makes it appealing for pet owners as these spider spices are available in the pet trade."

"as they are docile and do not cause harm. In defense, they can jump defense with their bristles."

"These extraordinary beautiful spiders have four to eight eyes"

Talking about B smithi:
"bites can be hurtful, but they don’t bite often and are very calm in behavior" and then they say "female tarantulas are quite the opposite with very aggressive and fierce temperaments."

"bitten or stung by a Tarantula, seek medical assistance immediately."

KaroKoenig

Arachnobaron
Well well. That site boasts the subtitle "science and nature" in the header. If that is the general quality of information people are finding when they google "science", there's no wonder that we are all still stuck in this pandemic...

Neonblizzard

Arachnomoron
I enjoyed that the tarantula haunts it's prey.

Also learned about moles, otters and wolverines from the same page

Jonathan6303

Arachnoangel
To long for a laugh(“hurtful” was particularly interesting) but the pictures of the otters are really cute.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Well well. That site boasts the subtitle "science and nature" in the header. If that is the general quality of information people are finding when they google "science", there's no wonder that we are all still stuck in this pandemic...
so true, but hey the Earth is flat, I read it on the internet!

vicareux

A. geniculata worship cult member
We all know that there are 11 types of tarantulas
They forgot the Brazilian salmon pink goliath bird-eating tarantula

zeeman

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I think this is a prime example of the dangers of the internet. No peer review and everyone can appear to be an expert until proven wrong by a real one.