This is the MONSTER under the bed

TTstinger

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Just picked this girl up today she is just B E A utiful. She is pushing 10" and for the most part pretty calm but man she is huge. She is eating good and loving her new huge home. Poor thing was living in a small 5g tank with dry sub when I found her so she is a bit beat up but will soon be back on her toe's. here are some pic's enjoy.

Aurelia

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
she's gorgeous! and she's very lucky to finally have someone to take good care of her!:clap:

forhorsmn

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Wow

:eek: She's huge. Very pretty. I hope you can find someone that has a MM for her. you know what they say, "Big girls need love to".:rolleyes:

TarantulaLV

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Nice addition she is quite large! :) I will have to come see that one! {D

dragonblade71

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
What an awesome looking tarantula! Very impressive. What species is she? I do notice a slight resemblance to the Australian Stirlingi T.

driver

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
i'm fully convinced that i need to buy a blondi now!

whats there growth rate like, and how long would it take a 3-4" blondi to mature to a full 10" area?

Selenops

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
She is a beauty just the prehistoric monster I want to find beneath my bed. ;)

KingBowser

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
The person I got my blondi from claimed that she raised it from about 3'' to nearly 10'' in the span of a year. I do know they grow fast and husbandry is the main factor affecting growth rate, as well as genetics.

ricneto

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Congratulations. Beautiful blondi :worship:
Can't wait for my litle one to get to a more respectfull size.
I find hard to believe it takes just one year to mature to 10'', got mine 2 months ago, aprox 2.5 '' and still did not moult, cannot see how it will gain 8 inches in 10 months.... :?
but I don't really know.{D
I hope she gets there in a year.

Moltar

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Alert: partial thread hijack here<--

I've seen plenty of blondi pics but don't have one myself. I've seen pics of tan blondi's as seen here and also of blondi's that are almost black. Are there two color forms or is it a radical color change from molt to subsequent premolt? Or is it something else like a MM goes black w/ maturity?

That is a beautiful T by the way, Mucho congrats.

C_Strike

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Alert: partial thread hijack here<--

I've seen plenty of blondi pics but don't have one myself. I've seen pics of tan blondi's as seen here and also of blondi's that are almost black. Are there two color forms or is it a radical color change from molt to subsequent premolt? Or is it something else like a MM goes black w/ maturity?

That is a beautiful T by the way, Mucho congrats.
They cover a reletively large part of northern south america, so you should expect a variation to some level of the colour of the species. As with avicularia sp