This is awful...I was so mad!

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
You know, I like to drive, and drive fast, but I'm NOT driving in Italy, especially not in Rome. :wacky:
Try Prague, or Caïro instead....in the first, they just ram your car if you're not fast enough, in the last, when someone puts his hand out if the passenger window it means they're going to take a right turn...:rofl:

Deb60

Arachnosquire
I've had a few in my house , just left them to it , they just stayed in their webs up in a high corner out the way .

Leila

Arachnobaron
Try Prague, or Caïro instead....in the first, they just ram your car if you're not fast enough, in the last, when someone puts his hand out if the passenger window it means they're going to take a right turn...:rofl:
:rofl::rofl:
They ram your car??? With their cars?? :rofl::rofl:
Oh lord, you won't ever see me driving a vehicle there...nor in Italy. Lol

TownesVanZandt

Arachnoprince
I think it is a remnant of their Russian occupancy time...
What occupation? According to their hymn it was an "unbreakable union of free republics, created in the embrace of great Russia!" :p

Lol, but to be fair on those drivers, it is not easy to drive after drinking the amounts of vodka you´ll get when visiting Russian homes. When I´ve been there, I have had serious problems walking partially straight at times :bag:

Nephila Edulis

Arachnoknight
I went to Heinen's (a local grocery store by me), my mom works there and so she knows everybody. Everybody there knows about my tarantula acquisition recently. While on our shopping trip together today, she introduced me to one of her co-workers...an eight-legged murderess! When her son was at school that day, she flushed her son's B. Smithi. down the toilet for no apparent reason! He was a healthy big boy...she just got "tired of him". How awful! I let her know I was upset and that my heart was broken...I hope he clogged her toilet!!
Get an atrax robustus and put it in her shoe. That'd teach her

KaptinKrunch

Arachnopeon
Some people are just horrible and nasty! There's just no justification for killing a T that's securely housed and well looked after. That's cruel.

I teach my kid not to kill spiders, insects or bugs. I hate beetles, they're creepy little things ... and house spiders are just yucky! But I would never kill them. The only time I had to resort to killing bugs was when we had an ant infestation and that was painful for me to do because I felt like I was playing God. We always use a cup to put the insect/bug outside or most times just leave it alone if there's only 1. I really don't mind a house spider roaming the house.

I'm in the UK though, so we really don't have to contend with dangerous spiders. I'd probably feel differently if I lived in an area where widows and recluses are a common occurrence. Do you really want to risk catching one and removing it from your house? Or dealing with an infestation. Getting tagged by one of those is bad news so peoples first reaction is to kill them. They develop a fear of spiders which carries along to all species ... pet T's included.

In my younger years I was arachnophobic. But, after owning many reptiles I decided to get a T and my love for them grew from there. I still retain a small percentage of arachnophobia, which helps keep me grounded and respect my T's. Never underestimate.

Urgh, sorry turned into a bit of an essay. I feel bad for the kid :(

Charlottesweb17

Arachnopeon
When I left my x years ago he told me he found a great home for my dog, then I found out from one of his friends he put my dog down to spite me.
People are just plain evil a lot of the time. Killed an innocent animal for what? What a...........

Charlottesweb17

Arachnopeon
IMG_1410.JPG
Peacefully sitting watching my babes eat. Got pictures of him/her this morning. Love my Kronk the little garbage disposal. Lol!

Jeff23

Arachnolord
Some people are just horrible and nasty! There's just no justification for killing a T that's securely housed and well looked after. That's cruel.

I teach my kid not to kill spiders, insects or bugs. I hate beetles, they're creepy little things ... and house spiders are just yucky! But I would never kill them. The only time I had to resort to killing bugs was when we had an ant infestation and that was painful for me to do because I felt like I was playing God. We always use a cup to put the insect/bug outside or most times just leave it alone if there's only 1. I really don't mind a house spider roaming the house.

I'm in the UK though, so we really don't have to contend with dangerous spiders. I'd probably feel differently if I lived in an area where widows and recluses are a common occurrence. Do you really want to risk catching one and removing it from your house? Or dealing with an infestation. Getting tagged by one of those is bad news so peoples first reaction is to kill them. They develop a fear of spiders which carries along to all species ... pet T's included.

In my younger years I was arachnophobic. But, after owning many reptiles I decided to get a T and my love for them grew from there. I still retain a small percentage of arachnophobia, which helps keep me grounded and respect my T's. Never underestimate.

Urgh, sorry turned into a bit of an essay. I feel bad for the kid :(
Here in South Carolina we have lots of black widows and I think there might be a few recluses too. Watch where you put your hand if you are in the wilderness / forests here.

But I don't ever remember having a widow in any home where I have lived except in the crawl space under a home. I am not an expert about them but maybe they get taken out by better hunters out of their element. There have been lots of other more harmless spiders needing a path back out to nature. If it is winter I leave them be where they are at. If it spring/summer I try to get them back outdoors so they will find more food.

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
When I left my x years ago he told me he found a great home for my dog, then I found out from one of his friends he put my dog down to spite me.
People are just plain evil a lot of the time. Killed an innocent animal for what? What a...........
That is just...wow. That is despicable, vile, lowest of the low.
Hey @Chris LXXIX , do you have room for one more in your torture basement? I think this lady's ex would fit well in there :mad:

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
In my real life, I am a herpetologist. People love nothing more than to tell me about the snakes they kill. Somehow they manage to logic their way from "He likes snakes" to "I bet he'd be really interested to hear about this snake I chopped into 17 pieces." My wife's family has tagged me in multiple photos on Facebook of Timber Rattlesnakes they killed. Literally...the snake is tagged with my name. They have killed "nburgmei snake" multiple times.
I just saw this reply, apologies. To me, this is so, so much worse than killing bugs. Reptiles can and do feel pain, so that's nothing but cruel. I can shrug off when people brag about killing a bug. But killing a snake? I'd get pretty angry if I were you.

louise f

Arachnoangel
@doodledog I`m sorry to hear that. It really breaks my heart to read that a mother can do something so evil, not only she`s being irresponsible, a murderer an animal violator and a very bad mom, she`s teaching her son that it`s ok to do something like this to animals.. I would wipe her but. Stupid cow. How could she... !!!

Charlottesweb17

Arachnopeon
I have never had anything against anything in nature. I got shear joy this morning just watching Kronk do his thing. I find it interesting plus the little beggar isn't out a lot so I watch a lot of what he does when I can. To me people who kill innocent living things are just evil.
I understand people not liking certain things but no reason to kill it.
My husband doesn't like spiders which is fine with me, he doesn't go killing them. He does look at them once in awhile.
She should be flushed down the toilet.