This is awful...I was so mad!

doodledog

Arachnopeon
I went to Heinen's (a local grocery store by me), my mom works there and so she knows everybody. Everybody there knows about my tarantula acquisition recently. While on our shopping trip together today, she introduced me to one of her co-workers...an eight-legged murderess! When her son was at school that day, she flushed her son's B. Smithi. down the toilet for no apparent reason! He was a healthy big boy...she just got "tired of him". How awful! I let her know I was upset and that my heart was broken...I hope he clogged her toilet!!

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
I don't get it. If she knew that you were into tarantulas, why didn't she just offer him to you? And why would she even tell you what she did in the first place? People think that they're being funny when they tell people like us how many spiders they kill. Can't say that I understand it.

doodledog

Arachnopeon
I don't get it. If she knew that you were into tarantulas, why didn't she just offer him to you? And why would she even tell you what she did in the first place? People think that they're being funny when they tell people like us how many spiders they kill. Can't say that I understand it.
Ppl are just flat out mean sometimes...she told her son when got home that he spontaneously died. I wish sometimes you were able to curse here. I would have some choice words to say...lol

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Honestly I rate the "flushed Theraphosidae" 4.5 max max 5 out of 10. And I'm kind. I mean, how much molting (therefore dead) T's Petco & such flushed in the toilet during years? This is a recurring, zero originality yet sadly true scenario.

Personally a guy (I don't remember if he was a Brit or from the U.S) story I've heard once where his mom literally smashed to the wall his spider (enclosure included) in front of him, because "she was arachnophobic", still today is priceless.

In one blow animal abusing, psychotic parent, children humiliated that would probably buy one day a brand new BMW to a 'brain Doc' etc
an authentic little city Manson's Helter Skelter rapture :-s

ronoverdrive

Arachnopeon
I don't get it. If she knew that you were into tarantulas, why didn't she just offer him to you?
Because its a big dumb bug she didn't want in her house and you're a weirdo for thinking they could possibly pass as a pet. That's the kind of logic these people have.

nburgmei

Arachnopeon
In my real life, I am a herpetologist. People love nothing more than to tell me about the snakes they kill. Somehow they manage to logic their way from "He likes snakes" to "I bet he'd be really interested to hear about this snake I chopped into 17 pieces." My wife's family has tagged me in multiple photos on Facebook of Timber Rattlesnakes they killed. Literally...the snake is tagged with my name. They have killed "nburgmei snake" multiple times.

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
In my real life, I am a herpetologist. People love nothing more than to tell me about the snakes they kill. Somehow they manage to logic their way from "He likes snakes" to "I bet he'd be really interested to hear about this snake I chopped into 17 pieces."
Biology

AntlerAlchemist

Arachnosquire
I carve SHED antlers (Not against hunting, just prefer shed antlers) I can't tell you how many people have to tell me and show me pictures of their latest trophy kills. People are weird. My mom also did weird things like the lady mentioned above. I had a rescued raccoon that she just happened to "drop off" somewhere because she was tired of her getting in the basement. People are just weird

Devin B

Arachnobaron
Why I got my first tarantula I was so excited to get into this hobby. The only bad thing is almost everybody that found this out said how much they would like to kill it. They didn't find it nearly as funny when I asked if it was okay to want to kill their pets to see how it made them feel.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
We shouldn't care about those people. It's normal, face that, let's be honest.
90% of those wouldn't harm a cat or a dog, they wouldn't "flush" into a toilet a puppy. This without considering for a moment that the 'law' would punish something like that. They simply wouldn't.

Yet when it comes to spiders/bugs and whatnot they don't care. No one cares, actually (aside for us and other few people).

To even discuss with those people (aside for friends, family or if necessary for some weird reason) and get mad is futile, useless, toxic.

Jeff23

Arachnolord
There is an arachnophobic person at our workplace that calls the bug extermination company every time she sees a bug in the building. Other employees always take the bugs they see in the building and place them in her office when she isn't around to be funny. I wish they wouldn't do that because I don't want those chemicals around my work area.

I suspect that the poisons are probably the worst of the deaths for spiders but I guess they are all bad.

Last edited:

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
There is an arachnophobic person at our workplace that calls the bug extermination company every time she sees a bug in the building. Well other employees always take the bugs they see in the building and place them in her office when she isn't around to be funny. I wish they wouldn't do that because I don't want those chemicals around my work area.

I suspect that the poisons are probably the worst of the deaths for spiders but I guess they are all bad.
Hell, that person definitely doesn't know that 'breathing' that stuff isn't bad only for spiders but also for lungs, ah ah.

Btw I suppose the Boss would be F-Word happy to pay the bug exterminator even for 'daddy long-legs' :kiss:

cold blood

Staff member
Ppl are just flat out mean sometimes...she told her son when got home that he spontaneously died. I wish sometimes you were able to curse here. I would have some choice words to say...lol
thats not mean...its ignorant, stupid, and completely irrisponsible (even a plumber would agree). And that doesnt even speak to her treatment of someone elses living property.

I hate people.

Last edited:

Walker253

Arachnobaron
I read this thread 30 minutes ago and it still pisses me off. To do something so deliberate to kill an animal that could easily be given away at minimum shows a person with deep-seated issues.

cold blood

Staff member
I read this thread 30 minutes ago and it still pisses me off. To do something so deliberate to kill an animal that could easily be given away at minimum shows a person with deep-seated issues.
right, wonder if mom even had a clue that it was worth a couple hundo? Christ, just sell it....i hope the kid doesnt have a dog that annoys mom.