This Guy just ate a live T!!!! now I'm pissed....

TaylorW

Arachnopeon
i'm gonna suggest he try a live rattle snake and see if he does it lol i bet this retard would do it.

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
i agree with you too man..check out the videos on peta's website...how they kill animals on fur ranches, and beef, hog and chicken processing....absolutely horrible...
Meh. I could think of many, many more things to get up in arms about that humans do, but I don't see any of you getting outraged over them. Because you keep tarantulas as pets this is obviously going to skew your perspective. Much of the meat that we consume is not processed in a completely humane manner, yet I don't see anyone shaking their fist at the guy hording chicken nuggets or pounding a triple stack. Is the live-fed feeder roach any different? Cricket? 'Tis a life all the same, no? Yeah, the animal was live & it was a pointless act but I don't think you're going to see a bunch of folks following suit. As Ingar said, don't click on it. If you feed the beast it will continue to grow.

You need outrage? Here you go:

http://www.bob.co.za/
http://projects.latimes.com/mexico-drug-war/#/its-a-war
http://articles.cnn.com/2011-11-02/...rican-public-health-association?_s=PM:OPINION

Tarantel

Arachnobaron
It's quite a dangerous species of tarantula? Where was that "expert" when he was saying this? Anyway, I agree with zonbonzovi and catfishrod, there are much, much worse things in the world than a guy eating a spider.

High_Rolling_T

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I've always wanted to eat a tarantula. However, I would want mine cooked in a traditional manner of a country that eats them. Seeing videos of different countries that eat them, I would probably like one cooked in more of an Asian style, since from what I've seen they give some flavoring and spices, where as most the videos I've seen of tarantulas eaten in South American countries are more so just chargrilled and eaten as they are. I suppose though for the more natural taste, just cooking them on a stick over a fire would be the better approach. However, I am all about taste so spices and sauces seems best... I guess I'll just have to try both!

As far as that being "live", as already stated, it was instantly euthanized when he bit it, so that's a pretty useless thing to get mad about.

boxofsorrows

Arachnopeon
There's worse things, sure, but to me the problem is he ate a living creature for shock value and entertainment, personal gain from the attention it drew him - not for the need of a meal or any other justifiable reason.

ShadowBlade

Planeswalker
Old Timer
Yep, I can't imagine there are very many more videos on youtube I could care less about. I've eaten mealworms, crickets, ants, locusts, even a scorpion.... All for varying amounts of money, dares, or laughs. I kill deer and eat it every year.

Boo-hoo

-Sean

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
i have always wanted to try fried mealworms...they look sooooo good....i did eat a wild black cricket once...but that was a mistake....nasty....and as far as killing deer...i havent got to go bow hunting the past 3 years because of work...:(
Yep, I can't imagine there are very many more videos on youtube I could care less about. I've eaten mealworms, crickets, ants, locusts, even a scorpion.... All for varying amounts of money, dares, or laughs. I kill deer and eat it every year.

Boo-hoo

-Sean

Banclimber

Arachnopeon
Can we all just agree and say that it sucks to see an animal, any animals smart or dumb in whichever sense you see it in, get killed inhumanely for popularity and get over it? This is how wars start all over the world just on a larger scale. Let's not make the world spin that direction..

TaylorW

Arachnopeon
just be glad your not spanish explorers discovering south america, people eating T's would have been a blessing when you entered the Aztec village

Banclimber

Arachnopeon
Taking life for superficial reasons; not cool. And the little guy looked like his legs were broken back...

Amoeba

Arachnolord
I have a few points of not caring about this vid

1) It was a 7 legged MM
2) It was alive and had a fighting chance to ruin that guys day.
3) They get fried and eaten every day for just a few cents!
4) This is a part of nature....things eat other things. Just because you like certain animals doesn't mean they aren't getting killed in another part of the world.

Fun Fact: Beef actually means cow, veal means baby cow, pork means pig, and venison means bambi

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hippie
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Veganism

hassman789

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Well, thr reason he was eating it was wrong, fame... I have no problem with eating them because of culture. And if you think about it, he probably put it out of it's misery faster than when they are eaten in the countries that regularly eat them, where they are de fanged and then kept alive until cooking (even though they probably don't feel pain like we think of right?). But in the end BAD, because he did it for attention.

Blackbeard

Arachnopeon
He ate a T, big deal. As a carnivore myself, I cant really understand why it would be more wrong to eat a T than a cow, or a pig, a cat, a dog, etc if it's not an endangered species
My thoughts exactly.
I have 8 T's which I take great care of and I think they are awesome but I'm not going to make a huge deal out of someone eating a tarantula.
These are my T's and I will try my very best to keep them as healthy as possible but if I was offered some fried T's in Cambodia for example I would have NO qualms whatsoever about eating them.
I like cows and sheep and pigs and chicken and tuna as the beatiful creatures of nature that they are but I eat them all the time so why should T's be put on a pedestal?
All I care about is that the animal is used as food and killed quickly.

DannyH

Arachnobaron
I think its wrong to eat all animals. Humans can survive without them, and high meat diets aren't healthy. I think its fine if someone wants to have some beef occasionally, even if I choose not too, but humans are not made to have such a high fat diet. The cow we eat today is also not like the cows our ancestors ate. Our cows are fed grains and given very little exercise, making them more fatty than natural grass fed cattle who roam feilds.

Smaughunter

Arachnopeon
I think that we can talk all we want about what other cultures do, and that is cool, but eating tarantulas is not done in western cultures. We consider tarantulas as pets (Or just as icky things to be avoided) and make that distinction between an animal that we consider a pet and one we consider for food. Also This guy is not trying to experience the richness of another culture (and in any culture the spider would have been prepared prior to consumption); he is simply trying to shock people. This is what makes his video inappropriate.

In some cultures people eat dogs and cats. But if this guy was eating a live puppy or kitten the video would be shut down in minutes.