thirsty or what ?

Kent

Arachnopeon
Hi can anbody tell me how my t can empty its water bowl within a couple of hours of filling it ??:?

EndlessForms

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
it may have been thirsty or i could have evaporated. is it a dry environment? also, how deep was the bowl?

Kent

Arachnopeon
Definetly not evaporation keep it quite moist in the enclosure and the bowl is about 1.5 x1.5 x half inch deep.

Sutekh

Arachnopeon
Maybe the bowl got knocked over? Some T's just love to rearrange things.
Alternately, was there webbed up substrate hanging into the bowl - this can wick the water out.

Scoolman

Arachnolord
Old Timer
If any substarte touches the dish it can be wicked into the sub very quickly.

Kent

Arachnopeon
You could be right there just looks like a string of vermiculite.
Thanks peeps

WARPIG

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Clean the edges of the water bowl, if any silk hangs from inside the container out, it will wick, and quick ( i made a rhyme{D)

I have always stated that the hardest part of the hobby ( if you have a lot of T's) is keeping water in the bowls and cricket remains from contaminating said bowls.

PIG-

JTC5150

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
clean the edges of the water bowl, if any silk hangs from inside the container out, it will wick, and quick ( i made a rhyme{d)

i have always stated that the hardest part of the hobby ( if you have a lot of t's) is keeping water in the bowls and cricket remains from contaminating said bowls.

Pig-
lol!!!!{d{d{d

Bill S

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Yeah. Just a bit of soil will absorb a ton.
Actually, the bit of soil doesn't absorb much - but it serves as a "siphon" (through capillary action) to drain a water bowl. And it doesn't have to be anything as conspicuous as dirt - a few strands of webbing will do the same.