Thinking of moving my scorpions

Pepper

Arachnosquire
As winter approaches, im considering moving my scorpions into my warmer plant room/closet. I have: heterometrus longimanus, hadrurus arizonensis, and opistophthalmus glabifrons adults, and tityus serrulatus and androctonus australis hector slings.
My question is, would an intense 250w high pressure sodium bulb as i have for my plants harm them in any way or could they just hide from it? 12 hours on, 12 hours off, but i might go for a shorter daytime to get some plants flowering.
Furthermore, for the rack i would put them on, im looking at.11 3/4" x 17 1/2 x 8" high enclosures from The Container Store. Is that big enough for the mentioned adults? (I dont see why not but id like a second opinion) Itd be neato if anyone could point me towards where else i could buy a better cheap plastic storage container within the dimensions ~10x30x<10" high to fit on the rack i have.

NMWAPBT

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
As far the light goes I think they would just hide while its on and appear while when its off. All the same I would put them in the darkest part of the room though.

FrankiePinchinatti

Arachnoknight
Have you actually taken measurements of the temperature in there? I know 250W HPS create a ton of heat and you referred to it as a room/closet, so I'm afraid you might end up cooking them.

Pepper

Arachnosquire
Have you actually taken measurements of the temperature in there? I know 250W HPS create a ton of heat and you referred to it as a room/closet, so I'm afraid you might end up cooking them.
I measured this morning when the lights had just turned on and it was just above 70, and forgot to do it again after it had been on for a few hours and now im at work. But i think when i measured it before it was like 95. This would not be directly under the light.
I am going to remeasure temps and humidity just to be sure, but does that sound alright?

Last edited: