Thinking of adding another p. imp

Metallicaman999

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
i have one p. imp that is likely old:cool: (about 7 inches in length with tail straight out, and all he does most of his time is stay in one spot and lay his tail on his back.) the only time he is active is when i feed him or if he fells like exploring the enc. which is every week or so. im going to go resupply on substrait and make a false bottom style tank finally and i might go pick up another emp for him to keep company. the reason i post this is because im scared that the new one will just overpower him seeing how weak he is:embarrassed: or that the old one will not stop bothering him for being in his territory:evil: . can you guys help me out here?

tabor

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I would, but I would have a quick plan of action if they started to fight, but keep in mind they could be establishing a hierarchy, my spinifers did that when I first got them but it was a quick display maybe 30 seconds to a minute..anything more than that and I would start to worry about the older one :eek:

Just my 2 cents ;P

-A. Tabor

P.jasonius

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
If you like your scorp, I wouldn't. If you think it is old, the added stress of a territorial dispute could kill it, even if the fight is intervened upon. I've had it happen. Your scorpion doesn't need 'company', they aren't so much social as they just tolerate each other well.

JungleGuts

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
emps are cheap and easy to get so a loss isnt the end of the world. Id get a community of 5 or 6 instead of 2 if I was you.