thinking about getting a Macrothele calpeiana

missy

Arachnopeon
thinking about getting a Macrothele calpeiana, has any one got any pics of there ones enclosure, also would it need a heat mat. any info would be great

Emanuele

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Not at all, you'll only need a small enclosure, with a deep substrate and that's all folks!
Cheers
Ema

John Apple

Just a guy
Old Timer
These I have ...the adults are in 5 gallon tanks and have the whole tank full of web. Substrate is about 2" deep and they seem to be opportunists as far as a hide place.
No water bowl as you will probably not see it anyway. I do dampen the dirt somewhat. This is a very edgy spider that is not reccomended for beginners.

syndicate

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
nice articles thanks for the link!whats the status of venom on this species?

missy

Arachnopeon
These I have ...the adults are in 5 gallon tanks and have the whole tank full of web. Substrate is about 2" deep and they seem to be opportunists as far as a hide place.
No water bowl as you will probably not see it anyway. I do dampen the dirt somewhat. This is a very edgy spider that is not reccomended for beginners.
do you have any pictures of your enclosures ?

hi there all peeps, thanks for your input, all greatly received, i live in the uk so would it be adviseable to get a heat mat ?

Emanuele

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hi Missy, as I said you... you'll not need any heat mat... Simply, during winter it will eat less than during summer.
It eat crickets and so on, catching very large preys thanks to its very powerful venom (take care, it's a quite dangerous venom...).
Ema

missy

Arachnopeon
any photos anyone please would like to see , different ways i can set my one up , cheers for info so far

Emanuele

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
If I'll have time I'll post a picture, but you don't need anything else than a plastic containter, about 15x10 with 2 inches/5 cm of ground lightly moistened. It's all this spider need to live well.
Ema