Think my G Rosea is dead - had her 22 yrs

Crysta

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
oh wow she molts all in one!! awesome!! :) jk..

When I first saw this photo,(without reading your text) I was like aww she died!

I hope she's doing better :)

Zillah

Arachnopeon
No she does'nt moult all in one

the abdomen just sheds skin (only rest is considered exoskeletal)so I have to mould it to look natural with little cotton wool ball then glue it up to give the impression of full, then just stick cephalothorax on top and Bobs yer Auntie

It can be quite difficult getting moult out while still moist and pliable so can maneuver her legs to look natural, while not freaking her out too much (taking away her security blanket) as said can be tricky.

And always remember my first moult as was really amazed that they shed fangs too.

Last edited:

TomM

Arachnobaron of Pennsylvania
Old Timer
Just wanted to say that's awesome that you had her for so long. Obviously well taken care of. Sorry for your loss.

Zillah

Arachnopeon
Again I would like to convey my gratitude to everyone who has commented and advised over the last week or so.

I've taken her out of the water dish this morning, she's been in there for 48 hours and really think thats enough (no improvement at all)

Am just going to leave her to go in her own time, will keep her in ICU where she will be as comfortable as possible.

The freezer is an option (and thanks for the suggestion, I did'nt take from a 'callous' point of view at all) but not sure I can do that unless I thought she was in pain or suffering - tho may be an extreme option if she does'nt 'go' naturally. Would hate to think she would take weeks/months to just starve to death.

Last edited: