Think its nearing time for another little trim for the enclosure lol (sulcuta)

l4nsky

Aspiring Mad Genius
Arachnosupporter +
Lol yup, top right hide. Surprised that he can't keep up with the growth. Does he not like the grass and plants as browse and just sticks to the diet you give him?

coolnweird

Arachnobaron
Cute little guy in his hide! I'd love to live somewhere with a climate amenable to keeping a tortoise in my yard

SamanthaMarikian

Arachnoknight
Lol yup, top right hide. Surprised that he can't keep up with the growth. Does he not like the grass and plants as browse and just sticks to the diet you give him?
Hes not big enough to keep up with it lol i wish he was. He sticks to the same already shortened grass and plants right on the sides of the path he made for himself. The grass and everything else grown in there is his main staple 90-95%

SamanthaMarikian

Arachnoknight
Cute little guy in his hide! I'd love to live somewhere with a climate amenable to keeping a tortoise in my yard
Yeah being in southern california its perfect and he can be outside almost constantly. And its great because i can grow all the food for him in there too

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I remember when they were $$$, they are so cheap. 3rd largest tort if I recall

JasperTheSpooder

Arachnopeon
I remember when they were $$$, they are so cheap. 3rd largest tort if I recall
Welp, they're baisically mass bred. I get so mad when I see a juvi in a 40gal at my pet shop...

I don't actually go there anymore, but they house like, 4 juvi- almost adults in a 40 gal or so tank...makes me sick

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Welp, they're baisically mass bred. I get so mad when I see a juvi in a 40gal at my pet shop...

I don't actually go there anymore, but they house like, 4 juvi- almost adults in a 40 gal or so tank...makes me sick
In some ways I'm glad they are easy to breed- they aren't pulled from the wild. Sadly most owners can't take care of them once they are juvi nor adult sized. They dump them, and many places won't take them - no space, and too many of them out there. It's really sad.

JasperTheSpooder

Arachnopeon
In some ways I'm glad they are easy to breed- they aren't pulled from the wild. Sadly most owners can't take care of them once they are juvi nor adult sized. They dump them, and many places won't take them - no space, and too many of them out there. It's really sad.
It's like my budgies, I'm glad they aren't taken out of the wild, but budgies are mass bred.

JasperTheSpooder

Arachnopeon
Also the same with red eared sliders, especially females. They get SO BIG. I'm never gonna give my girl up, because if I do, she may end up somewhere bad.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Also the same with red eared sliders, especially females. They get SO BIG. I'm never gonna give my girl up, because if I do, she may end up somewhere bad.
I had a female red eared slider as a kid. My parents wouldn't let met have a snake YET. I showed them years later haha.

SamanthaMarikian

Arachnoknight
T

Jurassic or prehistoric pets is like that. Tons of fully grown or nearly fully grown crowded around a tiny basking spot eating romaine in miniscule pen not much bigger than what mine is in if its even that big. Another reason why i’ll never support the people who run that store