Things you never thought you’d have

QuinnStarr

Arachnosquire
Arachnosupporter +
@jrh3 @Tarantuland Are y’all trying to give me anxiety or? 🤣

Just kidding. My Chilobrachys sling did threat pose me when I removed its shipping vial from its enclosure yesterday so, I mean, if that’s any indication of how this is going to go then I’m in for a wild ride.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Birupes, P. metallica, and C. darlingi
that’s all???

Leave it in your will. Last I knew they are being produced by one breeder in MX. He knows exactly what he’s got, hence high prices I’m told by an importer

My I. mira
199% agree

I'm anxious to find out when they start showing the adult markings.
In a 100 yrs

Zevil

Arachnosquire
When I got my first tarantula, a B hamorii, I told myself I'm not buying any more tarantulas. We all know how that goes.

QuinnStarr

Arachnosquire
Arachnosupporter +
@QuinnStarr My darlingi (and G. pulchripes) are 40 miles away. This is me right now ‘Have you seen my T’s?” :pics:
I have no clue where my marshalli is. But I’m hoping to snag the lil guy on Monday afternoon if I can work out pickup around the baby’s appointments. Physical therapy and then 3D imaging of his skull, fml

Edit: Wait. You’re waiting on them to arrive or you loaned them out?

QuinnStarr

Arachnosquire
Arachnosupporter +
Actually, it’s really funny. My local FedEx people know me. I don’t even need my ID anymore. I walk in and they’re like “oh the spider lady is here” 🤣

The Spider House

Arachnobaron
Actually, it’s really funny. My local FedEx people know me. I don’t even need my ID anymore. I walk in and they’re like “oh the spider lady is here” 🤣
Same at my local post office and my postwoman is on speed dial for new arrivals. I send her tracking info and she keeps them on her heated seats for me. She is a star 🌟

QuinnStarr

Arachnosquire
Arachnosupporter +
Same at my local post office and my postwoman is on speed dial for new arrivals. I send her tracking info and she keeps them on her heated seats for me. She is a star 🌟
FedEx keeps my spiders on the counter now because I’m always there within an hour of them being marked ready. 😂 Gotta love when people just understand.

QuinnStarr

Arachnosquire
Arachnosupporter +
@Craig73 so I don’t hijack the new additions thread -
I never thought I’d be into heavy webbers but I have to admit that my GBB’s webbing is literally my favorite thing. I’m excited for my Ceratogyrus to hurry up and be here so I can see what it concocts with its web

PanzoN88

Arachnodemon
Never thought I’d be raising a P. muticus so soon, but three years later, I don’t regret it even though it is my least favorite fossorial species.

QuinnStarr

Arachnosquire
Arachnosupporter +
Never thought I’d be raising a P. muticus so soon, but three years later, I don’t regret it even though it is my least favorite fossorial species.
I keep seeing P. muticus and y’all are making me want one 😂
What’s your favorite fossorial? I’m compiling a fossorial list of “must haves” so I’m curious

l4nsky

Aspiring Mad Genius
Arachnosupporter +
I keep seeing P. muticus and y’all are making me want one 😂
What’s your favorite fossorial? I’m compiling a fossorial list of “must haves” so I’m curious
P. muticus. Large, majestic, long lived, and they are one of the few tarantulas in the hobby that are vocal. They will stridulate (hiss) when disturbed and it's quite intimidating coming from a big female.

There's some good fossorial species listed here in this recent thread: https://arachnoboards.com/threads/fossorial-ts-personal-opinion.351071/

As far as my personal list of runner ups for purely fossorial species that you might have some interest in:
  • Ornithoctoninae sp. Ho Chi Minh DCF (angry girl from earlier)
  • Ornithoctoninae sp. Ho Chi Minh Gold
  • Birupes simoroxigorum
  • Haploclastus devamatha
  • Chilobrachys sp. Electric Blue
  • Chilobrachys sp. Orange
  • Chilobrachys sp. Tropical
  • Orphnaecus dichromatus
  • Ornithoctoninae sp. Hon-sej
  • Ornithoctoninae sp. Silver Vietnam
  • Cyriopagopus doriae
They're pretty much all moisture dependent OW's lol.

Last edited:

QuinnStarr

Arachnosquire
Arachnosupporter +
P. muticus. Large, majestic, long lived, and they are one of the few tarantulas in the hobby that are vocal. They will stridulate (hiss) when disturbed and it's quite intimidating coming from a big female.

There's some good fossorial species listed here in this recent thread: https://arachnoboards.com/threads/fossorial-ts-personal-opinion.351071/

As far as my personal list of runner ups for purely fossorial species that you might have some interest in:
  • Ornithoctoninae sp. Ho Chi Min DCF (angry girl from earlier)
  • Ornithoctoninae sp. Ho Chi Min Gold
  • Birupes simoroxigorum
  • Haploclastus devamatha
  • Chilobrachys sp. Electric Blue
  • Chilobrachys sp. Orange
  • Chilobrachys sp. Tropical
  • Orphnaecus dichromatus
  • Ornithoctoninae sp. Hon-sej
  • Ornithoctoninae sp. Silver Vietnam
  • Cyriopagopus doriae
They're pretty much all moisture dependent OW's lol.
Birupes is coming to me as soon as I can get one for less than $165 🤣
Chilobrachys sp. electric blue is on my list
And Haploclastus devamatha is one I’ve heard the name of but never looked up.

*off to google*

oh, and your angry girl is my favorite. I’m excited to get all the threat poses someday😂