Things To use for a hide

The Juice

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Hi just wanted to here some ideas for things to use for a hide? I used a few rocks to make a cave, but when my T stared to burrow , it callapsed. And it was no fun trying to dig up a vietnamese tiger!!!! I am currently trying to get ahold of a 1/2 of a flower pot, but my T is only 2.5" and haven't found one small enough.

Buspirone

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Try a plastic cup like a solo cup. I was just at Michael's Arts and Crafts and they had a whole aisle of clay pots from the size of my thumb to the size of my big head.

bodisky

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Also try the plastic flower pots and cut them in half so that you have two hides the length of the pot. Pot size according to t. I get mine at Wal-Mart.
Kerry

Code Monkey

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I just use cork bark for mine. It looks good in the tank and is easy to cut and hotglue as needed for anything funky. That it is mold & rot resistant, light weight, and nigh infinitely reusable is nice.

atavuss

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I use coconut halves for my adult t's. scorpions and smaller t's get plastic t.v. dinner lasagna dishes with a hole cut in them. I use cork tubes for pokes. three adult t's in ten gallon terrariums have foamarium caves. I have a tall ten gallon hex aquarium that has the three back panels covered with cork bark slabs and one of the slabs has a hole in it. there is a juv crested gecko living in it now and he uses the hole to get between the glass and cork bark to hide.
Ed

si_sleaf

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I use coconut too. They don't seem to hide under it very much mind you but they often sit on it and seem to like it. If they want to hide it's there.

My smaller T's have little tiny terracotta plant pots my Mum gave me. My Pokey loves his and always goes in there if her is not sunning on his piece of bark:p

Dafne

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
For bigger T's I usually use coconut halves as well. But I also use things made for glasses to avoid the high temperature. They are round and you can put the glass in (sorry I do not know the right English word). They are made of cork, so when you cut it in half you have got pretty cool hiding place :)
For the smaller T's I use the halves of walnuts. But most of the time I take black little boxes of camera's films. I cut them and use halves of them. They are made of plastic, so it is no possibility to get mould out of it. And this is great :D

sunnymarcie

Celestial Spider
Old Timer
For larger T's I use a log hide, the slings have cork bark
and the juvies have a half of a peat pot. (1 pot makes 2 hides)
Some of the slings are too tiny and only have a vial of moist
peat.
I plan on making a few changes when they are older, but for
now I use things that I have a lot of.

krystal

Arachnodite
Old Timer
i use clay pots or wood meant for lizards.

however, when i run out of clay pots and wood, i cup my hands and sit very, very still.