Things to never do when transfering your Ts in new enclosures

vohnholley

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Well, I just finished dinner and decided to upgrade one of my tarantulas to a new bigger enclosure. So, I sat down at the table in pajamas, while my kids finished eating and began the transfer at the table. Well, as soon as I "THOUGHT" I had it in it's new enclosure the thing decided to run up my tweezers, down the side of the new enclosure, off the table and landed directly in my "LAP"! Having something with fangs land in your "lap" is not cool, regardless of what you're wearing. SO i jumped up and there it still sat, on my "lap". My 5yr daughter kept advising me of where it could potentially bite me and my 6yr old son advised me that he was running if it came near him. Now let me tell you, I was utterly mortified at this point. Finally, I was able to get the trouble maker off my "lap" and back into it's new enclosure. My heart just stopped pounding out of my chest. My new rules for doing upgrades... Rule number one, never do up grades at kitchen table during dinner, Rule number two, have a back up plan if there is a escape. Rule number 3, never do transfers while in night clothing with no back up plan at the kitchen table. Lastly Rule number 4, never use the short tweezers when dealing with a nervous T.

vohnholley

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
it was a 2 inch chromatus with a nasty little attitude.. It throws constant threat poses

AmbushArachnids

Arachnoculturist
Old Timer
Maybe try the transfer on the floor in an open area. And have a cup ready to catch it if it runs away. I am too guilty of doing things at the table or my bed. And ill tell you most times its ok but when a T desides to run your out of options! :wall:

rustym3talh3ad

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
ok im gonna play stupid for a second here...why do you put quotes around "Lap" if by chance u mean crotch then please say so cuz that makes the story much more amusing. Having a T in your crotch with pj's on would be quite funny, kinda like the time one ran up my shorts almost making it to my "military underwear".

Hobo

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Staff member
Well, I just finished dinner and decided to upgrade one of my tarantulas to a new bigger enclosure. So, I sat down at the table in pajamas, while my kids finished eating and began the transfer at the table. Well, as soon as I "THOUGHT" I had it in it's new enclosure the thing decided to run up my tweezers, down the side of the new enclosure, off the table and landed directly in my "LAP"! Having something with fangs land in your "lap" is not cool, regardless of what you're wearing. SO i jumped up and there it still sat, on my "lap". My 5yr daughter kept advising me of where it could potentially bite me and my 6yr old son advised me that he was running if it came near him. Now let me tell you, I was utterly mortified at this point. Finally, I was able to get the trouble maker off my "lap" and back into it's new enclosure. My heart just stopped pounding out of my chest. My new rules for doing upgrades... Rule number one, never do up grades at kitchen table during dinner, Rule number two, have a back up plan if there is a escape. Rule number 3, never do transfers while in night clothing with no back up plan at the kitchen table. Lastly Rule number 4, never use the short tweezers when dealing with a nervous T.
I like this version much better than your first one.

vohnholley

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
i originally posted this when it happened and i was really freaked out. So of course everything was capitalized and i typed it the way it would come out of my mouth to my friends.. Well it got rejected and i had to clean it up.. I personally think the original conveyed my point better!
the funny thing about that sling is, it is always mean.. When ever i tries to come up the side or it will grap my twelve inch tweezers instead of the super worm..Its very grumpy. also i wont transfer on the floor because my whole house is dark carpet. I did however do P.murinus transfers two days ago and none were as mean as that silly chromatus.

vohnholley

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
it was where you assumed it was at. I was scared to death of having to explain to the ER people why i got bit there.. Luckily i got the bugger off before it decided to take a bite..

Last edited:

arachnotopia

Arachnopeon
Well, it could have been worse. . It could have been a 7" Nhandu...That would have been quite a different story I think! lol