Things they say in Pet Stores

petkokc

Arachnosquire
There is plenty of threads on this subject, but I never saw a video. This is my attempt at "comedy skit", I hope that you will enjoy it :D

ratluvr76

Arachnodemon
great vid.. lol. We need an LMAO rating, "funny" didn't quite cut it. haha

I especially loved the offer for the "very rare orange" tarantula that's "very safe for your kids to play with" hahahha

all that being said, I think this should have posted in the "Watering Hole". :)

YagerManJennsen

Arachnobaron
The pet store I got our most recent T from actually did most things correctly, I was impressed. It's not a specialty invert store either. The sub was fine sand-like (not exactly sure), point being it wasn't those sharp wood chips. They also labeled the carry container with the Layin name and common name (rose hair Grammostola rosea) though it looks more like a G. sp north I give them credit for getting close and trying.

So maybe they're not all bad.

magicmed

Arachnobaron
How could you almost forget the sponge??? It's the most important part they can't drink without it! That or water crystals.

Tarantula20

Arachnosquire
There is worker at my local petco who is actually given advice like this to me when I was testing him. lol:banghead: Kinda sad if you think about it:(

ratluvr76

Arachnodemon
if you really want to be on top of your tarantula husbandry you should get the water crystals and mix in some ground pheonix worms. They need that extra calcium o_O

shining

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
The stress on the humidity and the orange T bit hurt my laugh muscles.

REEFSPIDER

Arachnobaron
Me and my girlfriend had a great laugh from this. Honestly my LPS is good and bad. The other day I put down a deposit on a sexed pair of GBB and while I was there I had to inform them that the female in question had some freshly born crickets present and that I could rehouse her right then and there if they wouldn't. But they did. I'll be getting those spiders and taking them home next Thursday. This isn't exactly their fault because it had appeared that the crickets were literally hatching as I was arriving in the shop. But there is only 1 or 2 guys there who really know T's so if they aren't working I sometimes wonder what kind of information is spread by other employees who may know a lot about snakes and lizards, but have 0 knowledge or interest in T's when a customer is asking about this species or that species and the person on the clock is a snake guy.

hennibbale

Arachnosquire
I want a Chaco Blue Leg Strip Curly Birdeater

I thought it was Chaco Blue Leg Strip Curly Burrito LOL

Ceymann

Arachnoknight
"It will be fine in that enclosure the rest of its life" while he was referring to a sub adult H. lividum in a mini critter keeper with 1" of substrate. SMH.

petkokc

Arachnosquire
@ratluvr76 What is "Watering Hole"?

So stoked that you all find it amusing, but how did I forgot about the water crystals!! :D

@hennibbale I don't wanna get sued by Disney xD

Tim Benzedrine

Prankster Possum
Old Timer
@ratluvr76 What is "Watering Hole"?

So stoked that you all find it amusing, but how did I forgot about the water crystals!! :D

@hennibbale I don't wanna get sued by Disney xD
The question wasn't directed to me, but I'll reply anyway...

The "Watering Hole" is the off-topic sub-forum. You have to access it by checking a box somewhere on your user panel.

But I don't necessarily agree that the video belongs there. The topic IS about tarantulas, after all. But I'm not gonna get on the "what belongs in tarantula chat?" mery-go-round again. My opinion is pretty well known on the matter.

Abyss

Arachnoknight
Lmao too funny, sadly alot of that is far better advice then i have actually heard (or gotten) at some pet stores smh